Can I still claim?

mira1996

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2004 I had a dispute with my bank NatWest regarding the unlawful charges and negotiated with them to reduce them by half. As a consequence they have closed my account.

As in this time I was not aware that I could dispute their offer, I have signed the settlement form. Can I still claim some of the money back? I would appreciate your thoughts?

Hi mira, welcome on board the nat west forum!

Given that they've closed your account anyway, I'd be inclined to suggest reclaiming the additional outstanding penalty charges. Do you have all the statements showing the outstanding charges? Also, what type of settlement form did you sign?

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi there and thank you..

Yes, I still have all the statements. However, not sure what form I did sign at that time - from copies of my correspondence I was refering to a signed copy of 'acceptance for settlement of my claim'. In that time I negotiated to reduce charges (consisting of unpaid cheques, misused charges and a/c charges and accumulated over 5 months period) by 55% and then the account was closed.

I may be wrong, but I'm inclined to say send them a preliminary letter 2. Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment. asking for the outstanding (45%) of the charges to be refunded, along with a schedule of charges based on these (you'll need to download one of these spreadsheets) 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets Make sure you don't include any charges that you've already been refunded for though - no point giving them the opportunity to come back at you unnecessarily!

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.