Can anyone help me...?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my Subject Access Request letter to Halifax on 16.04.07 and eventually got a reply last week (13.06.07). They have sent me a single sheet listing bank charges and date debited since April 2001, not a complete set of statements. Charges total 1607 pounds.

The problem I'm having now is when I try to complete the spreadsheet I've downloaded I do not have interest charges or my account balance and the time of charge to enter in the interest part of spreadsheet.

Should I write my Request for Payment only for the charges and leave the interest columns blank.? If so what happens if I get to the stage of filing a claim as I cannot calculate the interest amount.

Any suggestions.?

Here's a step by step for you http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

If you sent your SAR with your £10 the they should have sent you statements not a piece of paper, as this is what you paid for. If you are unhappy that they have sent this, send them a non compliance letter.

Also - you do not add the interest until it goes to court.

If I have helped in any way please click on the scales in the left corner also please remember that any advice I give is purely my own experience or opinion. Ta.

Thanks for replying.

I read the comprehensive instructions before I did anything, so I did indeed send a £10 cheque with my SAR letter. However when Halifax eventually sent a response they sent only this single sheet with a chronological list of charges with a covering letter saying they were not going to charge me for this service. So I haven't actualy paid for anything.

I am not worried about the interest so much as the charges themselves so am tempted to go ahead with my preliminary approach letter anyway. I realise that interest is only added at the court stage but as I cannot calculate the interest would it be possible to continue claiming only charges.? (if it gets to that.!)

Sorry if I'm being stupid and thanks again for your help.

hi yes go ahead with your prelim but try not to worry about adding interest at this stage when the time comes there are plenty of people here that will help you through it why should you let them keep what is rightlly yours good luck

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Yeah!

Fire off the Prelim letter!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!