Me vs LLOYDS - Paid without court date!!

Jackabeana
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We were offered £750 of a £1300 claim a few weeks ago. We decided we would accept it but we didn't write to them (we let the court know though) we just took the money from our account.

On Friday we had a letter from SC&M telling us that they still intend to defend in court and all the reasons why. Then Saturday we received another letter from SC&M 'strictly without predjudice confidential' basically telling us that their charges are correct etc etc but as it costs them more to go to court they are willing to pay the full claim!!!

I'm really surprised at this as we hadn't even got a court date.

Really pleased though!! Anyone else had this?

Yep! Had exactly the same this weekend - they seem to not know what the hell they are doing - they are even offering to pay me more than they owe me :D :D

Heres my story so far -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/67225-nick-lloyds-tsb-3.html

Thats excellent!!! I wonder if its a mistake and they will revoke their offers? Hope not. I've sent the signed letter back to them today, recorded delivery.