Phil Williams v Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Please can someone provide me with a small bit of advice.

I am currently trying to re-claim £3300 worth of charges from the Yorkshire Bank, I have sent the two template letters however, the last letter I sent stated that I expected a response within 10 working day. It has been around 20 working days so far and I have recieved nothing. I did phone up the bank to see what was going on and they said it can take up to 8 weeks for a review of my account.

Is this correct & is there anything I can do about this?

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil, It might be a good idea for you to have a read of this section so that you know exactly what you're doing.

Step-By-Step Instructions

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Hi Phil,

I am at the same stage as you, however not allowing them to dictate the terms or fall into their 8 week trap, on 4th April I will be submitting my claim through the small claims courts.

I am confident they will pay me my amount which is totalling £4960.00 but only when it gets to the court stage. With regards to the court stage, I am in fact looking forward to it. Ive been to court before as a main witness, that was far more formal than what I can expect in the small claims courts, so if I can make a suggestion, dont wait around no longer, raise your complaint on the small claims website and im sure the cost wont exceed £120.00.

Gogivit

No not yet, I have sent a letter requesting my statements and another letter asking for a refund of charges to which I got a reply stating they would evaluate my account (and today I have been told this will take 8 weeks)

Then send the LBA now with the schedule of charges you are claiming and remember not to include the interest yet, give them 14 days and then go to MCOL unless they knock you back before then.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I just need a bit of advice. Today I recieved a Cheque from the Clydedale bank for £200. The total amount I am claining is £3300. The reason given that they have only refunded £200 is that when I was being charge I did not contact the bank to get the fees stopped.

Please can someone advise if it worth while trying to claim through the courts??

Kindest Regards

Phil

Hi Phil the best advice you can get at the moment is to spend a few days reading over the site, try reading the FAQ's and other posts in relation to CB this will prove invaluable in your pursuit.

When you ask for advice and your thread doesn't have any history then peeps cant see what you have done before this proves very tricky when trying to help you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I just need a little bit of advise.

I have so far followed all advice from this web site and have claimed via MCOL. Today I have recieved a defence from the bank and I would like to know what I need to do now? Is it a case of waiting for the courts to send out a AQ?

Regards

Phil

Yes - you sit and wait, unfortunately.

I am at same stage - have just had case transferred from Northampton to Sheffield County Court but have also recieved Order to say that AQ is to be dispensed with - subject to local judge agreeing. This threw me but apparently it could be because courts are getting wise to YB's tactics so are cutting down possible stalling time.

I have sent a 'nudge' letter to YB to let them know about possibility of no AQ. I stated that I was prepared to accept an offer which was just the full amount of claim rounded to nearest £ and minus the interest from date of claim to date of judegement/settlement. It probably won't get any response from YB but apparently if you send these at 10 - 14 day intervals if you have to go to court it looks good for you that you have tried to negotiate. It doesn't seem to affect your claim if it does go all way to court so may be worth you thinking about.

Allocation Questionnaire - Dispensing With the AQ

Is your court dispensing with the Allocation Questionnaire?

Allocation Questionnaire - Dispensing With AQ: Action to Take

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

These may help if same thing happens to you.

keep us posted - Caro has been great help and I can possibly pass on her advice as you need it.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I now have my court date (25th Sept) and I am trying to get my court bundle together.

I have a quick question.. Is there a template letter or process I have to follow to make an application to the bank to disclose the actual charges it cost them, and not what they have charged me.

regards

Phil

Yes there is a link to a basic Court Bundle

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.htmlshould

Try these two links - if you can't get to the pages through these links simply go to the library section of site - I think they are in there.

I am in court on 12th September and haven't even started on bundle yet - and of course everything is now up in air due to this test case. Advice seems to be to continue action unless otherwise informed by court bu am keeping an eye on this site to see if any other advice is given.

Good luck with bundle and let me know if you need any help - not sure I will be able to but maybe we can figure things out between us.

Jenni

Forgot to say - you can ask bank to disclose actual charges but they wona't comply. This is why they will not turn up to defend cases because they will be ordered to disclose these and they know that the actual charges are nowhere near as high as the ones they charge customers.

Obviously this test case is for the High Court to make them reveal actual charges.

Hi All,

I now have my court date (25th Sept) and I am trying to get my court bundle together.

I have a quick question.. Is there a template letter or process I have to follow to make an application to the bank to disclose the actual charges it cost them, and not what they have charged me.

regards

Phil

4 threads merged so we can follow all of your progress.

If you haven't done so already I suggest that you send a copy of the draft directions to the court, with a covering letter respectfully asking the judge to consider using them in your case. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html#post90319

I would not advise you to send nudge letters as it gives the wrong message to the bank, that you are worried about going to court, and willing to settle. You've given them the chance to settle with the prelim and the LBA, and now it's in the hands of the court. Let them deal with it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have just finished getting together my court bundle ready to send off. I just need reassurance really that I have done this correctly.

I have printed off the basic court bundle from the standard template and seperatly printed out the web links suggested. I have also added all correspondance with the bank and another copy of all charges I am claiming.

Is there anything I am missing?

Cheers

Phil

You need to include copies of all the statements with charges on.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.