Help please

Mushymoo26

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right here goes. I have an acct with Natwest. I have a personal loan with them for £24k, which I am trying to reclaim some back. This is because my overdraft at the time was £1000 but what with charges they have exceeded this to nearly double. I have been looking closely at my loan agreement and find it abit strange and need some assistance. The total loan amount to £38764, which included £6055 PPI. I have cancelled the PPI already and was refunded approx £4000. When I add the figures up I cant get it to tally. The interest rate was 7.8%, can someone help with the amount of interest i will be paying. I got into a mess, as Natwest took it upon themselves to cancel the direct debit one month, (no explantation ever received, apart from whoop bank error). Then then insisted I repay the outstanding direct debit over a period of 5 months on top of my regular payments. I told them at the time this was going to cause me problems, but was told tough the bank wants it money. Since I have claimed back charges from the account, they have defaulted me which I have contested and taken my debit card and cheque book. The account remains open, but obviously I am unable to use it. They keep adding interest to this, even though I have sent them a letter requesting them not to. I have been in contact with Joyce Tudor and am waiting for the rest of my docs relating specifically to this. I have reported them to OFT (who are investigating this) and ICO. Any help / suggestions would be welcome.

you're reclaiming charges applied to the loan?

slightly different to the run of the mill account charges threads so help might be a tad slow

stick the SAR in and see what the charges are for starters, you may get a result by phoning and writing but I think the formal legal approach as per the step by step instructions on this site is the way to go

that's some loan you've got there btw ;)

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Have just worked out the figures dont match up. the loan itself was £24k, PPI £6055 Interest @ 7.6% = £7021.56. This makes the total payable £37979.99 yet on their agreement it shows total payable £38764.32. So why the difference. I have detailed this in a letter which I have also copied in Fred Goodwin, just so he sees what a shambles his bank is. I have also supplied OFT and FSA who are both investigating complaints against Natwest. I know the loan is kinda high, was abit naive a few years ago (also had my daughter and become a single parent). Natwest kindly offered to consolidate everything and like a fool I took it. Well I am back now seeking blood (theirs preferably).

I've no experience with loans and not that much with regular claims

But are you suggesting that there's upwards of £13k of charges on that loan?

yikes, have you asked them for a list of charged formally?

I would, get it all shipshape and entered into a spreadsheer, you'll have to do it at some point anyway

And getting the powers that be involved is all good

No, the charges I have already claimed amounted to £3500.00. What I am trying to get at, is why is there a difference on the CCA. I was told by someone at my branch, that Natwest do add extra amounts on, but when I queried it with their CRU in Borehamwood it was like banging my head against a brickwall.

Nattie - if you are here perhaps you can offer some advice?