Did You Start With Mse???

lateralus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm thinking that title will get some attention.......

We seem to spend a good deal of time on this site tidying up the claims of those who started with that other site.

So, I just thought I would point out a few errors that seem to keep cropping up in hopes people will get them fixed before they file their claims rather than after - as it is sooo much easier to fix before.

I'm not saying all claimers do this - but enough of them do that it bears talking about in my opinion.

Have you included your account number and sort code on your letters to the bank and also on your schedule of charges? That is definitely a must!

On your schedule of charges (or breakdown) have you called your charges by the names as they appear on your statements and not just called them charges? Total charges is a name of a charge, as is recall s/o-d/d, and other names but to call a whole list of them just "charges" is incorrect.

On this site, we don't advise asking for the 8% interest until you actually file your claim - not in the preliminary letter and the letter before action.

When you file your claim - does it not include on that site a reference to s.69... as in " interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8%APR from date of each charge to date of the claim".

I have seen claims lately originally from MSE where they have asked for no interest at all and it's hard to see how you can claim it if it's not in your particulars.

It's a conundrum to me how they can ask for it in the first two letters and then not at all at the claim stage.

So, not to panic - but if people are reading this and are about to file - please read more and use the CAG information.

Hi Latty,

I did start with MSE, mainly because I came across it by chance when I overheard a conversation in a post office about claiming back charges :o (don't know what planet I had been on :confused: ). I started with MSE and then heard about CAG, but had difficulty getting around the site (that's all changed now :D ). I did start my sister's claim with the MSE templates and included the interest, no sort codes on spreadsheets etc, but then read here and understood that this should not have happened :o . I then started using CAG's templates for everything else. I ditched MSE because of people passing judgement over others who have debt and are claiming back their charges. I must admit I find CAG more professional and helpful and only pop back to MSE to check out success stories

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Good post lattie

I agree, as i started MSE claims before i joined CAG and had to amend things as i went. Its a shame MSE cant start using some of the pointers from CAG because while i feel its an invaluble site and gets found due to its exposure on radio/TV etc, it could be improved, even as you state above about making sure the summary sheets have the actual name of the charges on, surely easy enough to amend the charges calculator to include that ?

And of course MSE Doesnt have the wonderfull Lattie keeping us all correct. :)

Also as previous post by russjo, nobody is passing judgement for whatever reason you are in debt.

Good luck all

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Lattie knows my opinion regarding the MSE (and BBC) templates for starting claims, like her I have pulled a few claims that started with those sites back onto the straight and narrow.

I think actually the information on those sites was fine 12 months ago but with the wave of claims growing and the amount of money the banks have to find increasing correspondingly claims are getting tougher to get past the banks solicitors, added to that the District Judges want their court houses back to normal under any circumstances so any flaw is potentialy another claim out of the way.

My advice to anyone who started with another site is to have a look at the CAG templates, particularly the claim schedule spreadsheets and the particulars of claim.

Don’t panic if you see any differences in what you have submitted but be ready to revise your details if you get a Judge who doesn’t like the claim you have submitted, normally they ask for further and better particulars and of course if you do have a tenner moment (joke for the ladies ) put your worries on your thread and we will help you.

I am not anti MSE or BBC they are good sites and contain loads of valuable information and of course have a much higher profile in the general public awareness arena, Martin being Martin and the BBC being the BBC and as such do a brilliant job.

pete