• Tweets

• Another one. Apparently this has been hushed up for about three months. They're working through their majority quite fast with all the sackings. Not that they've done anything about Menzies yet but he sounds like a blackmail risk. Here's the original article.   Revealed: Tory MP allegedly demanded campaign cash to pay ‘bad people’ ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 07:32:33 UTC  
    • and another one   MP Mark Menzies loses Tory whip as party investigates claims he misused funds "According to a source close to Mr Menzies, the MP had met a man on an online dating website and gone to the man’s flat, before subsequently going with another man to a second address where he continued drinking. He was sick at one point and several people at the address demanded £5,000, claiming it was for cleaning up and other expenses." The sum, which rose to £6,500, was eventually paid by his office manager from her personal bank account and subsequently reimbursed from funds raised from donors   Never mind losing whip - how about criminal charges   MP Mark Menzies loses Tory whip as party investigates claims he misused funds WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The Fylde MP is alleged to have used campaign funds to pay off ‘bad people’ and cover medical expenses   ALSO According to the The Times, £14,000 given by donors for use on Tory campaign activities was transferred to Mr Menzies’ personal bank accounts and used for private medical expenses. The MP, who is one of Rishi Sunak’s trade envoys, is also said to have called his 78-year-old former campaign manager at 3.15am one day in December, claiming he was locked in a flat and needed £5,000 as a matter of “life and death”.   Hes supposed to use funding from Taxpayers and doners for a life of service, not funding a life of drink and debauchery Hope his parliamentary expenses are also investigated.   In fact, perhaps Mr Bates next role in life should be as an independent investigator of Parliamentary expenses?
    • He asked for that one, didn't he?
    • Trump was unable to make it through the first day of court without falling asleep on Monday, which sparked a whole host of jokes, memes and even a new nickname, 'Dozy Don'    
    • The shift to card and contactless technology in the past decade has been rapid - not just in Britain, but in all sorts of remote pockets of the world. This is yet a further sign of it.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wednesday vs Mint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everybody :)

Just starting a thread mainly for timekeeping purposes.

I took a MInt card out 6 months before going going onto a DMP, so doubt there are many charges, but i will be putting a sar and a CCA request in the post tomorrow.

Hopefully Mint dont keep records very well and dont hold an agreement for me :) If not, ill be stopping payment and reclaiming any PPI, if it was on my account.

If anyone has any tips regarding MInt, i'm all ears :)

I'll keep this informed as i go along.

SAR & CCA Sent 25 June to:

MINT,

Customer Service Centre,

PO BOX 5747,

MINT,

Customer Service Centre,

PO BOX 5747,

Southend-on-Sea,

SS1 9AJ

Southend-on-Sea,

SS1 9AJ

I have just got a GOGW offer from mint for only approxiamately a third of what i am claiming, this is only after my first letter asking for a refund.

On reading other posts it seems this is a normal course of action that mint take. They basically change all your charges to £12 each and your GOGW offer is the difference.

Abbey - Claiming £4,044.82:lol: offered £4,170 - accepted:) :) :) :)

Mint - Claiming £769.71:lol: offered £217 - declined

NatWest - Claiming £272

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wednesday

MINT charged me £10 for the statement copies and when I requested repayment got the same initial offer i.e. the difference between the old and new charges which is about a third of my claim. I rejected this and sent the Letter Before Action. They replied on the deadline day to say that their offer was unchanged. I am now going down the MCOL route.

Good luck!

Cheers Chris, i sent the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) template off this site and youll be surprised what they sent me :confused: The cheque hasnt been returned or cashed.

Here it is, is this what Mint usually send out?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/Wednesday1867/MintSar.jpg

Just £100 in charges, from their website interest rate is 14.9%

Ill send pre lim to same adress tomorrow for £100 plus interest @ 14.9% unless its a different adress

Edit

Claiming £128 back, what are Mint like with the lower amounts?

Looking through this site it seems that MINT's standard practice is to offer the difference between £20 charges and their new charge of £12.00 They appear to ignore lower charges (I had a couple of £10.00 charges). They do not budge if you reject their offer and also do not change their offer after a LBA. There are two of us now on this forum that have just started court claims so it will be interesting to see how they react.

Well i should receive an agreement tomorrow or they do into default.

Honestly id looking for the lack of agreement with Mint rather than chasing them for £150, if they provide the agreement, ill have the £150 :D , if they dont, i wont acknowledge a debt to ermm, ive forgotton ;)

Well Mint's initial 12 days are up of yesterday for the CCA

i do have a problem tho, i sent the sar and cca in seperate envelopes but posted at the same time, unfortunatly when i check on Royal Mails website, it says neither have been delivered yet, but obviously the sar has, cos i have my transactions, sods law states, they would have got one, but not the other :rolleyes:

I best compose a letter reminding them of their responsability to my request :)

Im sending this, anyone got any improvements?

Dear Sirs,

I find myself needing to write to you again in relation to the above numbered account. I initially wrote to you dated 25th June 2007

The contents of my original letter, were a legal request under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a true copy of my executed agreement. Mint are in possession of a credit licence, so I am amazed and disappointed that I have to write to you, to remind you of your obligations under the Consumer Credit Act.

The Consumer Credit Act gives you a time frame of 12 working days plus 2 for postage to fulfil your obligation in supplying me with a true copy of my agreement, this timeframe has now passed. If nothing is received in this time frame this account enters default, this account entered default 13th July 2007. Please be aware if the default continues for a further 30 days, Mint will commit a criminal offence.

While the account is in default you are unable to enforce this alleged debt which includes but is not limited to:

· You may not demand any payment on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

· You may not add any further interest or charges to this account.

· You may not pass this account to any third party.

· You may not register any information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies.

So I will now be ceasing payment to this account up until the time you provide me with a true copy of my agreement as requested per the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which I feel is an action I have put into by Mint and their lack lustre attitude to responding to customer complaints or legal requests under the Consumer Credit Act.

If and when you supply an agreement that conforms to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, I will of course recommence payments to Mint

I look forward to receiving a copy of my agreement by return or confirmation of its non existence.

Yours Sincerely

Any ideas?

Thanks

Well the agreement turned up, ill post it up for advice, looks good to me, only down point is, they say current t and c's are suitable and have supplied them, if that is the only problem with the agreement, its not worth pushing the enforacability of the agreement.

As my charges are so low, i dont really want to go to court, can i use the FOS instead?

My claim is for a similar amount and I got the same replies and offers as you. I have gone down the MCOL route and am waiting to see what happens. RBoS acknowledged the claim and have indicated on the paperwork that they intend to defend my claim. They have another couple of weeks to do something. Having seen all the court material on this site I have no worries about going through with this if they turn up to a court date.

Reasoning behind going down the FOS route is, i get paid next week, need to get my footy season ticket and start 4 Court cases :eek: 2 against MBNA, 1 vs Egg and the last one against HSBC.

As Mint is for £120, i thought i could file a complaint with FOS and leave it ticking along in the background, while i take on these bigger cases with bigger values.

Guess what turned up in the post today? A cheque from RBoS refunding every charge in full, contractual interest of 16.9% compounded and the Court fee. The letter with it basically said that it was not economically viable for them to go any further. For the sake of £30 which you will get back, I would go down the MCOL route.

• 3 weeks later...

Left this one to a side for a while, but will get it sorted now.

I sent them a letter refusing their offer and informing them of my intention to start court proceedings. I havent yet, but ive received another letter, full and final settlement for same amount as first time...........

So im gonna start MCOL tonight, hopefully they wont defend, total comes to about £180 :o not a lot and hopefully not worth it to them.

Does anyone know if there is template PoC's anywhere.

Thanks for any help :)

Hi

This is the wording that I used for MCOL which worked for me:-

The Claimant, a customer of the Defendant

claims that between 00/00/00 and 00/00/00 the

Defendant debited (x number) charges from the

Claimant's credit card account

5460xxxxxxxxxxxx. The claimant believes that

the charges are an unfair penalty under the

Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts

Regulations 1999 as they are a

disproportionately high sum in compensation

compared to the cost of the purported

breach and that Under the law of penalties,

the charges are an unlawful extravagant

penalty. The claimant requests the refund

of these charges being £000.00 plus

contractual interest of 16.9% compounded.

The interest is an additional £000.00 The

Claimant has written to the Defendant on a

number of occasions in order to try to

resolve this situation but now feels that

they have no other course of action left.

The Claimant therefore respectfully asks

the court to enter judgment in their favour

for a total of £000.00

It is well worth adding the 16.9% interest as it nearly doubled the amount of the claim. RBoS will automatically reply to the Court saying that they will defend the claim. This seems to be a standard proceedure as it gives them extra time to look at each claim. It was about two weeks later that they wrote back to me paying the claim in full. I spoke to the person handling my claim and he said that it was not worth them defending small claims (or even spend any time checking my interest calculations)

Sorry, forgot to add:-

The address to send the claim to is:-

Royal Bank of Scotland Plc

RBS Litigation

1 Princes Street

London

EC2R 8PB

There is an address for RBoS/Natwest given in the info/reference section of this site but it is wrong (perhaps a mod could change it?) The correct address is 1 Princes Street and not 1 Princess Street which is the Head Office of the Salvation Army.