Coach1 V Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there any help to stop my nearves from going bananas, I wrote to the Yorkhsire Bank and eventually got all my statements through, They offered me £200.00 as a goodwill gesture to existing customers( I closed my account 2 years ago) So i started the small claims court procedure via the web. The Yorkshire bank are now defending the case and it is going to be heard at a local court to me. I am getting very nervous about this as the Yorkshire bank issued a CCJ against me last year on my Yorkshire Bank Visa account.

You are in the same situation as alot of us mine is on 11th July It seems in most cases YB dont wait until the court date they settle just before. (after all the work you put in to making up your court bundle and getting nervous and stuff)

Deep breath and make sure you know why you are taking action and which statements of fact you will use in your case.

Good luck

"I am more than prepared to repay any money I have borrowed, IF they are prepared to refund any money THEIR agreement doesnt allow them to charge me." Tamadus

Thanks couldnt put it better myself :D

What is a "court bundle" is it the evidence that i have got eg statements. Any suggestions on the statment of facts. Good luck with yours on the 11th July, do you know how many times thay have actually send a solicitor to the courts

What is a "court bundle" is it the evidence that i have got eg statements. Any suggestions on the statment of facts. Good luck with yours on the 11th July, do you know how many times thay have actually send a solicitor to the courts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

download that and also read the thread it will explain a lot

"I am more than prepared to repay any money I have borrowed, IF they are prepared to refund any money THEIR agreement doesnt allow them to charge me." Tamadus

So from what youve said you have sent the reccommended letters and now you have your court date?

Many thanks for this, i dont have a court date yet, but i will get printing and put everything in order, should i also state that i have been a YB account holder since birth now 48 but i have changed branches as i have moved around the country would it help my case ?.

If i dont reply instantly i have to go out and i only get access to my computer early ams of late pms coaching kids all the time.

Coach1

Many thanks for this, i dont have a court date yet, but i will get printing and put everything in order, should i also state that i have been a YB account holder since birth now 48 but i have changed branches as i have moved around the country would it help my case ?.

If i dont reply instantly i have to go out and i only get access to my computer early ams of late pms coaching kids all the time.

Coach1

I think that will show either youve trusted them to deal with your finances in a good and proper way or that youre an idiot for staying there :-D

My bundle at the moment runs up to 96 pages im adding a few more just to be sure.

http://www.consumeraction.org.au/downloads/DL29.pdf

BBC NEWS | Business | The Money Programme bank commission

• 2 weeks later...

You've got a way to go before you need your court bundle coach. Take a good read of the FAQ's, especially the next stages, and read around this forum to see what to expect. Also take a look in the Statutes Library. It sounds daunting, but if you take your time and read through the information in the acts, especially the bits you've quoted in your particulars of claim, you can really see what the law says which helps you to understand it. When you understand it, you'll feel much more confident.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks caro,

Today i received from my local county court "Notice of Allocation to the small claims Track (preliminary hearing)" for the 28 September 2007.

I keep reading the CAG site and it refers to "inform us of your case etc" please help me to find where and how i post this infor mation.

Your help is always gratfully received

Coach1

• 3 weeks later...

On 18th July I paid the Local (East Anglia) court my £100.00 allocation fee, But can i have some help on my case please, please, I really should read everything before jumping !!!!!!!!

Notice of allocation to small claims track( prelimary hearing)

I quote "before the claim listed for hearing, the judge has odrered that a premlimary hearing should take place because: special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you in person" date set for 28th Sept.

The lady at he court said that i dont need to take anything in with me on thsi date ( I asked should i bring in my court bundle.

Am i on the wright track, because i am so nervouse.

You've been told you don't need it, so I wouldn't worry. This sound like the judge has a plan for how to handle your case, which might be interesting. They won't be looking at whether the charges are legal at all, just how to proceed with it. I don't believe it's anything to worry about. On the contrary.........

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Today i received letter from CB t/a YB saying that they intend to apply to the court asking for an order of STAY until OFT case has been sorted, do i object to this, as i really do need the money asap rather than wait for the whole process to go through.

Coach1

It is nice to find someone else against YB, i havejust been reading the threads about arguing against the stays, i think i may go down theis rout as desparation needs must etc, but i will have to wait for the court.