• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

URGENT! T&C help!, bundle due in by tuesday!!!

Bcklndcb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my court date is 11th July, bundle has to be in tomorrow...Have printed most of it off now apart form statements, but was going by the bundle suggested on Lloyds thread rather than template library bundle.

Thought I was near end of it, but when I asked about presentation, led me to teh template library...

Am now confused.

Do I need to understand everything on the pages of bundle such as the OFT report - is very legal!!!

:(

to be really honest of the so many thousand users this website has how many people have sat and read all those pages word for word, i bet not many.... that doesnt mean we should start getting sloppy but your right it is very legal and there are alot of words i cant pronounce never mind spell or understand what they mean,

just have a basic understanding of what they mean the headers should give an overview of what each one is, the judge is going to know u have no really law training, and anyway who said u'll end up in court.

most people who have gone to court have been asked very basic questions ie, what do u think the banks should charge if anything at all.

Hi,

Below is the index for the court bundle I submitted today. Just posted to court and SC&M, 189 pages with statements etc. You will find it varies in size. There are other samples of bundles on the site, I just broke mine right down so it was v simple to see where everything was, and you can add or take away if it's not relevant - see what you think:

Title Page

Case Summary 1-3

Statement of evidence 4-12

Correspondence from Claimant 13-18

Correspondence from Defendant 19-21

Bank Statements 20-41

Schedule Of Charges 42-45

Relevant Case Law Summary 46-49

Early Day Motion From The House Of Parliament 50-51

Dunlop v New Garage 52-54

UTCCR 1999 53-64

UCTA 1977 65-74

SOGA 1982 75-88

Terms & Conditions 2004 89-90

Terms & Conditions 2007 91-98

OFT Credit Card Charges Report 99-134

BBC Commission Conclusion 135-136

Australian Penalty Fee Report 137-139

Martin Orton Letter 138-139

McNamara Transcript 140-142

Scottish Law Commission Report 143-171

Sample of Lloyds Settled Cases 172-175

Other Supporting Documents 176-189

All of these documents are on the site, have a look at the basic court bundle, a lot of them are in there and just need the pages separating. I printed it off, did a front sheet for each item, and laid them all out over the floor until I had everything above with a title sheet, then counted all the pages. Other supporting documents were just lloyds charge letters showing things like they'd charged me 30 quid to go overdrawn by £12!

I only did the case summary because it allows you to put in how much you are claiming - just in case they forget!

Statement of evidence was actually the witness statement just changed - christinajanep has a link to it on her thread.

I put the whole OFT report in, didn't hurt! There are two other documents I couldn't get hold of in time, Martin v Leisureplay and something v Harman? It didn't matter too much for me though as my Directions from the judge are for standard disclosure from Lloyds, so I think they should hopefully be making me an offer soon. Felt so good putting the bundle in the post though - a real achievement!

The T&C's are from the links asking for T&C's and also there is a link on my thread now - sorry I'm not good - haven't worked out links yet!

Hope this helps a little, You've got a long night if they've got to be in by tomorrow!

BW,

Fzrkitten.

Fzrkitten

thank you so much christina!

Honestly - you dont realise how much you have helped!

I am surrounded by dif papers and feel like throwing in the air!!

LOL

What did you put in your case summary?

I ahve no T&C's as of yet, but Gary said that if it gets to 3 days before and still no offer, he will find me some - bless his little cotton socks!!!

Prob be nagging you again in a while - unless you've had enough and you log off :(

Caz x

While putting together my bundle, I notice that the witness statement doesn't mention all of the things I have in it. Does the witness statement need to refer to each and every item that I am putting in the bundle?

i witness statment i says i asked defendant for any evidence of any manual handling..... Dont remember doing this unless was put in different word form!!! What does this mean??

I did ask them to break down their charges, is that same?

Hi

There is a list of settled claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/64871-spreadsheet-claims.html

Good luck, so glad my claim was settled before I had to do the Court Bundle;-)

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

I'll try to explain, but I'll probably confuse you more!

OK, right click on the link you want so that it is highlighted, then click on copy. Right click where you want to put the link and click on paste.

Hope that makes sense:)

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

FAO FzKitten...

Am really sorry hunni, just realised it were u who posted index list for me!

Thanks hunni - i have followed this and have nearly finished now

Everyone is so helpful here, i wouldnt have even started this if not for this site. How is any normal person supposed to do all this?

;-)