• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

just starting my first letter to HSBC *I WON!*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Damn right tell them to stick their offer. Dont forget at this stage aswell you can now also claim interest on the money they owe you aswell which means even more money for you so definately don't back down.

P.S no need to rush to do the moneyclaim, as long as you have it filled in by 9am Monday morning as noone is going to look at it today or tomorrow.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

thanks for all that guys. I can't make a claim till thurs (as am skint til then!) I do get child tax credit, so that will be good if I don't have to pay! But when you go on the website you have to put card details in, so best wait till there's some money there - just in case!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!! I've been having trouble finding the cash to put the claim through, but now I'm onto it. In moneyclaim, where it says particulars of claim, how should I word it? Also, how do I calculate the interest? And, I've had charges again since I made the original calculations. I'm sure this info is on this site somewhere, so can someone point me in the right direction please!

FI30

Check if you can claim exemption from court fee

click here and enter EX160A in the "Form Number" field to see if you qualify, if you do then complete the Exemption Form (step 7 in the link below)

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 2 months later...

Hi All

I've been out of action for the past few months (physically and financially!) But I'm back now, fighting fit, ready to continue my claim!

I finally submitted my online claim, and today received the acknowledgment of service being filed from HSBC. Ofcourse they've ticked the box "intend to defend" so we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next 28 days!

I added on the charges I'd received since I first did my calculations, and with the interest it's now just over £4K. I'm just hoping they settle before going to court!

I also hope it's not been too long since my last contact with the bank!

• 2 weeks later...

My 28 days is up today - and guess what, I got a letter from DG solicitors asking for a breakdown of charges! I'll send it recorder delivery today, but in the meantime, does anyone know if I need to do anything with my claim?

Should I click on "judgment" on the MCOL website? The confirmation from court said HSBC intended to defend, but that was it, how do I know if they have filed a defence?...All these questions, I hope someone can help as I'm starting to stress!:confused:

you've touched my heartstrings: "I am now avidly following your thread as nobody seems to want to answer my questions". sorry fi30 that you felt no one was listening - i've actually retired as of last weekend but have come out of retirement to hopefully give you some hope fully! went back to your thread to see what was what.

when you filed your mcol - the claim is deemed to be served to them 5 days from the day you filed. if they acknowledge and intend to defend - they have 28 days from that date. so,.. when 28 days + 5 days from when you filed has passed, if you can... press the judgment button on your mcol. if you can't press it, it is probably because they have actually defended. don't worry - this is normal. you will receive a letter from the court changing your claim to your local court, a notification of their defense and an allocation questionaire all in one envelope. what to do then? nothing - they have a deadline, same as you when the a.q. has to be filed - no point in doing it until it almost upon you. but should you have to file the a.q. there are step by step instructions in the guide above. and be sure if you get that far that you let dg know you will need another £100 to settle to cover that cost. as for sending your breakdown - granted a month has passed now since my experience and things are changing daily (i think more and more claims are being filed and they must be crazy in that office - that's probably why julie kyle has gone belly up) anyway, i digress, you've sent your breakdown round about 11 nov.; i found that they respond to that in about your third week of the mcol, about a week before the defense is due. i think you are looking at an offer probably by monday (maybe even tomorrow or saturday's post), it will be for around 85%, saying that they are sure they will win in court but because they a re such lovely people they are offering you this to go away. you will respond with the rejection of settlement offer and say you will settle for nothing less than 100% and you are sure they want to avoid any further charges (like the a.q.) so you hope to hear from them very quickly (they don't know you aren't going to send it right off when you get it). everything they do is designed to put you off and stallllllllllllllllllll, hoping you will get tired and die of boredom. you are very, very close to a settlement. i have said all along - they waiting is the worst of it. final thought - when you see that offer - why would they offer 1 red penny if they didn't know in their little lead hearts that if it went the distance - THEY WOULD LOSE!.

p.s. if you need help again and no one is listening - ask bong (my personal favourite for knowledgable answers - hiya bong!!!! bong is everywhere!)

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!

Full settlement offered!!!!! £4097.97 (charges plus interest plus court fee)

Just got a letter from DG offering the full amount!!! ~WOW~ I thought, probably like everyone else, that I'd be the one test case that had to go to court - just goes to show - persevere!!!

I will accept and delete the confidentiality bit.

Thankyou all so much for the guidance, even though I've been feeling a bit lonely this past few days, you were all there when it mattered!

I do have one question though..does anyone have any suggestions as to what I do about charges since I filed the mcol? do I start it all over again?

WELL, I'm flabbergasted! 100% on the first offer. that's truly great - they must be swamped or maybe the new guy at dg has his own timetable. whatever! congratulations, glad you got it. as usual, don't stop the court claim until you get the money in hand, i'm thinking you call the name on the letter and explain that yes, you will accept this offer, crossing out the confidentiality bit, and explain that there have been some charges since you filed, would they consider reversing these as a goodwill gesture. Let them know gently (no need to be aggressive at all) that you would not hesitate to claim for these charges should the need arise. I think they might just take them off (they know now that you are in for the long game). i think that is the approach i'd take. can't hurt and if all else fails - you could claim again - but i'd try to tie it into this claim if you can. a phone call, see what they say - then a line or two in your acceptance letter mentioning it again. what say you bong????????

anyway - i'm really pleased for you. pm bong if he doens't reply shortly.

Cheers mate!

In my haste I posted my reply quick smart, just crossed out the confidentiality bit, but I'll try the phonecall anyway. I'll have to pop to the branch to get a statement printout as online it'll only let me view a few weeks transactions.

Thankyou!!!!

YIPPEEEEEE!!!!

Full settlement offered!!!!! £4097.97 (charges plus interest plus court fee)

Just got a letter from DG offering the full amount!!! ~WOW~ I thought, probably like everyone else, that I'd be the one test case that had to go to court - just goes to show - persevere!!!

I will accept and delete the confidentiality bit.

Thankyou all so much for the guidance, even though I've been feeling a bit lonely this past few days, you were all there when it mattered!

I do have one question though..does anyone have any suggestions as to what I do about charges since I filed the mcol? do I start it all over again?

Hi Fi30!!

:)

Many many congratulations to you !!!

It must feel like Christmas has come early!!

Hope you get the newly applied charges too!

All the best

Trish

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

yes, I think if a phone call to the chap at DG doesn't do the trick regarding newly applied charges, then perhaps a photocopy of the settlement letter from DG to your branch with a letter saying I trust you will refund these latest charges in order to avoid a new claim and the associated legal costs for the bank, and further court costs.