Halifax-Rejection of offer made on est. claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After trying to get charges back using an estimated claim (only had 1 years worth of default letters to go by) I started from scratch again, in May .This time sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter to Customer Relations instead of local branch. Deadline for statements is past. No statements received but they have made me an offer based on my original estimated claim of £2.9k (which they had previously rejected 5 days beforehand). They offered £815.13 calling it Full & Final settlement which was paid directly to my bank account WITHOUT requesting my written acceptance. I am about to send a rejection of offer letter but adapt it to remind them I still require my statements and that I'll write to the Information Commissioner if I do not get them by return of post. Any comments please?

user_offline.gif

Yes send this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Then send your LBA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

with 7 days to reply - then file to court.

_________________________-

If I have helped in any way please click on the scales in the left corner also please remember that any advice I give is purely my own experience or opinion. Ta.

• Haha 1

Hey

Thanks for the advice. So are you saying I can still file in court even though my claim is estimated and I do not have statements - only 1 years worth of default notices? Please note that the charges on the default notices only come to £482 so their offer of £815 is twice that?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello

Just a quick update - I accepted Halifax's offer of £1500 - two days later - and just as 40 working days were up (56 days in total) - the statements arrived. The value I accepted was exactly the amount of charges on my statements. Also, a very short while later they got involved in the OFT Test Case!! Thank you everyone who gave me advice along the way.

CONGRATULATIONS...!!!

Im glad to see you got the total amount you asked for. :D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .