• Tweets

• Hi dx, thanks. Yes actually, that is the case with this one! I've taken tomorrow off work, I need to review the whole binder for each of these and I'll refrain from further questions until I do just that. Just on hold for court ref Claim #2
    • 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

A quick Update.

I am sending a letter to th solicitors (Cobbets) on Monday. I have waited to add this months charges, which go on tomorrow. I am asking them not to oppose the action on lifting the stay. I will give them 7 days and then subnit the N244. I am also busy following all the advice and reading I've done regarding this. I don't want to rush it as I want ti make sure I get it right first time.

Also I am wanting to add compound interest regarding another claim with Sky TV. I am struggling a bit with it despite looking it up on google, I can't seem to grasp it......................nothing new there then!

If anyone can help I would be gratefull.

Thanks

Simon:)

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am asking them not to oppose the action on lifting the stay. I will give them 7 days and then subnit the N244

Make sure you make it clear that you are suffering from hardship. They are bound by the waiver conditions to continue to process hardship cases. If they do object they will be in breach of the waiver.

All the best

Zoot :)

Thanks for that Zoot, it's appreciated. I will post the letter on here prior to sending for a proof read, if you don't mind, can't afford cock ups now!

Anyone seen kia lately, she seems to have disappeared and gone very quiet!!!:eek:

Simon, did you say Cobbets? are they dealing with Abbey customers up there or have i missed something lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi Lula

Now stop asking me difficult questions on a Monday after a breakfast of morphine on toast!:confused:

I have just been asking myself the same question, (now look what you've done)!:p

I know somewhere down the line in the dimly lit past, I remember being told it was being dealt with by Cobbets solicitors. I haven't got a clue where it came from but I know it was definately Cobbetts. I will now have to frantically search through the reams of papers to try and find it....if I wasn't losing the plot before I certainly am now!:D

Seriously I know I've got it from somewhere, just don't know where!! I have a feeling that maybe the copy of the defence was submitted through them.

I am addressing everything to Willem Basson at the Abbey though just to be on the safe side. He signed the defence papers.

Sorry if all this a bit vague.

LOL Simon, Willem Basson (if he exists) is at Ashurst who are the solicitors for Abbey lol

pass the morphine ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Hi Lula

See..................told you it was Ashurt!:D :D ...........knew I was right!:p

Wish I knew where Cobbetts had come from!!!!

Have you heard of Ronan Doyle, or Coyle, he signed the acknowledgement thingy saying they were going to defend............bet he works for Cobbett Ashurt incorporated..........lol..........there that covered the bases!:D

hello everyone

i am so sorry i havent been in not that i have tried to i have but it wasnt letting me in to the forums gosh i thought i have been deled as i counldnt get in

now im here i have some catching up to do

hugs

and sorry but i couldnt get into the forums

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lula

Shouldn't that email addy [email protected]:D

Hi Abg

Nice to see you back again, hope your ok?

Has anyone seen kia lately, she seems to be missing:eek: !!! kidnapped?:eek: ?............or maybe just not talking to us???

This is the rough skeleton of the letter I will submit to the Abbey regarding the stay. I have written it from the top of my head and even from the heart. I have not proof read it or anything as yet, so it may be subject to alterations.

Please give your comments as to whether or not this is suitable as I am no expert and many of you are much more knowledgeable than I am. Feel free to suggest any alterations, deletions or additions you think it needs.

Thanks everyone:)

Willem Basson

Abbey National Plc

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regents Park

London

NW1 3AN

23 October 2007

My Reference: 7QZ 50764

Your Reference: TS6 BO3

Simon Bagley -v- Abbey National Plc

Dear Mr. Basson

I refer to the above referenced claim which is subject to action through the County Court. On 23 August 2007, it was ordered on the courts own motion that the claim be Stayed pending the outcome of the test case brought by the Office of Fair Trading in the High Court.

You will also be aware that under the terms of the OFT Waiver agreement all banks have a duty to progress claims where financial hardship of the claimant is a factor.

It is on the grounds of hardship that I intend to ask the court to lift the Stay on my claim. I am writing to you both out of courtesy and also to request that Abbey do not resist the lifting of the said Stay and even support it in view of the hardship I am currently suffering.

My current financial situation is extremely poor, with little hope of improvement. I was declared unfit for work in September 2006 and have been living on Income Support since November 2006. In June 2007 I was incapacitated by the Department of Work and Pensions.

I have contracted ESBL E-Coli, which has caused septicaemia, on one occasion already. I have also been diagnosed with moderate to severe depression as a result of not only the infection but the severe financial constraints I have been subjected to over the last year.

Additionally I have suffered a Myocardial Infarction, am being investigated for Coronary Heart Disease and lately Heart Failure. Irrespective of the hardship financially, I am now constantly struggling to deal with the prospect of this claim dragging on for a protracted length of time.

Financially my account with Abbey is in freefall and spiralling totally out of control. Currently it is over £3800 overdrawn and this is growing on a daily basis as a result of further charges added. I receive Income Support of £89.80 per week, Child Benefit of £18.10 and Child Tax Credit of £45.96 per week.

I have outgoings as follows, Electricity £35.00 per week, Water Rates £7.50, TV License £5.50, Telephone £7.50, mobile phone £2.50, vehicle running costs of £30.00, other credit repayments (TV and 3 piece suite) of £20.00 per week.

In addition to these, I also have rent arrears of over £200, debt relating to a failed business of £1700 and court repayments of £5.00 per week. All the above amounts and debts can be verified and proven should it be required and will be made available to the court as a matter of course in my application to lift the Stay.

I have to take 34 tablets each and every day in order to survive and remain relatively though not entirely pain free. In this year alone I have been admitted to hospital on seven separate occasions. My ESBL E-Coli is resistant to every mainstream oral and intravenous antibiotic, which in itself is like living with a death sentence on a daily basis. The prospect of having to live with Heart Failure has had a real effect on me also, from a mental point of view.

I suffer pain on an ongoing basis, am unable to walk anymore than around fifty metres and in short have no life at all, if I am able to leave my home once in a week I am extremely lucky. All of these factors also put a tremendous strain on my family also, my daughter is six years old and has to watch me deteriorating on an almost daily basis. I have it very difficult to write to you in such a manner but appreciate the importance of people being made aware of my situation. I hope that you can see that I need this matter bringing to a swift conclusion to help ease my financial worries, ongoing hardship and humanitarian position.

It is also my intention to ask the court to consider the addition of the charges incurred on my account since the date of the initial claim. This amounts to a further £xxxx.xx excluding statutory interest. The total amount of my claim should this be allowed will be charges of £xxxx.xx, interest of £xxxx.xx totalling £xxxx.xx

I hope I can rely on my request being dealt with expeditiously by you and that a conclusion can be reached. I will allow seven days to receive a response from you and then proceed with the submission of form N244 to the court. I believe that this is an appropriate timeframe given the size of Abbey and dedicated staff levels of all departments within the organisation.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Simon, you e out your need to take out your personal details chuck, otherwise anyone could see it

Also, i wouldnt address it to Willem Basson, there is no evidence that he actually exists (although he might work for Cobbets LOL), I would address it to Inga Kirkman :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

It is a very moving letter and one which only the most hardened individuals could fail to be affected by, well done, and i hope it acheives the desired result

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

hi simon ty for ur message

its a great letter if that dont get em moved i dont know what will to be honest

kia is alright she is taking lessons on c/p bless

i have a question

i have been looking for the thread

for the spreadsheet for income and outgoings

can i find it

gheepers i carnt

must be my eyes not seeing properly gr

well

if anyone can tell me where i get it a big hug to you tyvm

hi lula how are you

well peeps keep the fight up

i am sure we will all win eventually

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hiya ABG good to see you got it sorted now was beginning to worry im a right worrier arent i. Si ive sent you a pm but im not sure you got it let me know im ok had illnesses lately flu and then stomach stuff but im a bit better now thanks get in touch :(see you soon xxkia

Hi Everyone

Thanks for doing that zoot, I just got carried away. I used to find all these things so easy but with all the illness and tablets, my head just won't work anymore when I want it to. I have been trying to write this letter for the last week and only got 2 lines into it, until this morning....

All of a sudden the brain made communication and off it reeled, tomorrow no doubt it will be off on strike for another 6 months..........:p

So that will be off in the post tomorrow and it gives me a week to get the N244 completed........................so by then I should at least be on question 1....:D

Lula

I know who Cobbetts are! I was reading Chelseaboys brilliant news tonight and all of a sudden it clicked into place............

Cobbetts is a most important place, which has a deep influence on our society and holds an extremely important plaice in the community affecting thousands of people every week.......................

..........................................................................................

no that wasn't a spelling error above (plaice)

Cobbetts is a fish and chip shop....:D :o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See I told you I knew who they were!!!!!!

You will also be pleased to know my case is being handled by Ashurst....

........though I do think cobbetts do a far superior chips:D

Another fine example of my was once usefull brain devolving into mushy peas by the minute!!!................Oh well, I just hope I sent my bundle to Ashursts and not the chippy back in whenever it was....................I can just see the contents wrapping up someones tea:D

Abg

Good to hear from you again, haven't got a clue where this spreadsheet is though..................maybe Cobbetts have it. lol, If you find it let me know where it is, it might be of use to me as well......yes I know I'm a cheeky buggar!

Kia I never got a pm but will pm you tomorrow luv .

Simon

PS Does anyone know why you can only use 6 smilleys per post???I have to go back everytime and take some out..........!!!!!?????

Good to see you in good spirits Simon :D

The spreadsheet for income and expenditure has been taken down as it wasn't working. We've got someone working on a new one and should be up and running in the next couple of days.

PS Does anyone know why you can only use 6 smilleys per post???I have to go back everytime and take some out..........!!!!!?????

Because nobody is allowed to be that happy on here! Six is more than enough more most people :D

Take care

Zoot :)

Lula

You got the number for Cobbetts then??????

Thought I'd give em a ring to confirm id of Mr. BASSon.....lol

Lula

You got the number for Cobbetts then??????

Thought I'd give em a ring to confirm id of Mr. BASSon.....lol

is that Mr Double BASSon then sorry couldnt resist :Dxxxkia

0)20 7638 1111

just looked on their website, no Willem Basson listed, mind you, no Inga or Ronan either

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Hi Everyone

I am having major internet access problem AGAIN:mad: !

BT have decided that my Homehub is faulty....................Oh well here we go again................

They are sending out a replacement Hub which should arrive by the middle of nest week, if they don't forget, which they did last time!

So since broadband being activated on 26 August 2007, I have had 3 faulty HomeHubs:( . Here's hoping number 4 is a bit more reliable!

So if I dissappear it's because I can't get online.

Hope everybody is ok