• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Simon - Battling ‘V’ Abbey & other stories:)

This is a long one but I hope anyone who takes the time to read it finds it worthwhile. I felt inspired by others stories on here, so thought I would have a go at my own! I apologise in advance for anything that offends anyone but I do have a strange sense of humour.

It all began back in 1966, when I realised what a pain in the butt life was gonna be. So I wrapped my umbilical cord 3 times round my neck and tried to end it before it began! Obviously I failed cos here I am! I did warn of my sense of humour!!!

At the age of 16 I had my first Kidney Stone, now I can build a complete rockery from my collection. Seriously my consultant says if I have anymore X Rays I am going to glow in the dark!

In October 2005 I got a urine infection, nothing strange for me there, except this one wouldn’t go away. In August last year I had a booked holiday to Egypt to go on, for me it was the trip of a lifetime. (It was already booked and paid before being ill.) My doctor was really unsure if I should go as I wasn’t well, No Way, I’m off I decided the sun would do me good.

While we were there I used all my pain relief and antibiotics and just kept getting iller by the day. I went to local doctor and he got me more of the same drugs from the hospital, nice man, well he would be at a cost of 80 odd quid sterling. I deteriorated further they didn’t work. I did however pass a kidney stone in Cairo – what a claim to fame!

Eventually the 2 weeks was up and we flew home, well to Gatwick anyway, I had never felt so ill (seems like a walk in the park now!) and had to be driven all the way home to Scarborough – not far then. My GP was going to see me as soon as I got back. She took one look and dispatched me to hospital. They sent me home inside 48 hours stating a urine infection. 2 days later I was rushed back in, they changed my antibiotics and home I came. Following week back in again, sent home, went back in and so this went on until mid September, when they found a blockage in my waterworks.

They operated removed the blockage, I spent 10 days in hospital on drips and god knows what else and was sent home, yippee got my life backnot! I lasted 5 days, ambulance back in for 2 days, antibiotics changed sent home. Same procedure the following week.

By this time I was in a mess, nothing worked no tablets no nothing I was in total agony 24/7. I was rushed back in 16th October, yet still they didn’t know what was wrong, until they found the Septicaemia on a routine blood test, by this time I was on deaths door, I do not remember much only the nasty things I could see, which were coming to get me (Hallucinations) my temp was running about 43/44+ degrees my pulse was over 200. They told me afterwards I was around 20 minutes from death, when for whatever reason I responded to treatment. By now it was the 19th October, the worst day of my life to date (but could yet be beaten). A consultant came to see me and the head of microbiology, they had found out through cultures etc that I had a multi resistant E Coli infection which they had never seen before, OK fair do’s what happens next? I didn’t realise then…….

There is no miracle cure no antibiotics that worked against it just kept mutating and was resistant to every bloody drug in the hospital! I was in isolation for 10 days, which happens every time I go in, all I need is a bell around my neck…..unclean…..unclean…….

Anyway, it seemed to go just like that so home I came, well for a week anyway. Since October I have had numerous procedures, they are trying to find the source of the infection. I have been admitted

to hospital 9 times I think it is now. I am there so much I even pay council tax. My health is just in a downhill spiral, they can’t cure me just treat the symptoms and the pain, god the pain is horrendous.

I have to carry on, I have a family, a little girl who is only 6. In February this year the wonderful Abbey had graciously allowed me an overdraft up to £1150. I hadn’t been able to work since before going to Egypt last year. I was self employed so had no sick pay and thought I could have no benefits either, so we sold anything and everything of value bit by bit (not that there was much), we had our tax credits still coming, I couldn’t tell them I wasn’t working or we would have nothing. I was in such a mess every month my money went in and brought me within my od by a few quid but we still needed to survive the month, so I paid everything by cheque (guaranteed), so each one cost me £35 on top.

I remember we had nothing in (I was actually at home for once), so I spent £7.34 on bread, milk, spuds, the basics and the b*****d’s charged me £35. It just snowballs, once you’re in you can’t get out. I kept all this to myself, my wife had enough on her plate worrying about me. Anyway all of a sudden the car went bang, snapped cambelt, no money, £1300 bill. The bank were on my back sending threatening letters, they didn’t care about my situation, just there money. I asked for a loan to clear my od over 5 years, they have my money before I do each month, they wouldn’t help me, no job, no money, no sympathy, bog off!

I just could not handle it!!!!!! My health was going down and down, my body is ravaged by this debilitating infection. I could feel myself going over the edge, I couldn’t stop it, I couldn’t fight anymore. I ended up having a breakdown. I do not give in, I am not that sort of person but I just couldn’t fight I was so tired.

Dr. put me on anti d’s, then more and after about 3 weeks I slowly started to come back from the abyss of my depression. In between all this I had a few more days in hospital (well you have to get your moneys worth, although I refute all claims that I am responsible for the NHS deficit), and my mother who is 76 paid my garage bill and gave me £1000 in the bank. That put me inside my od and gave a couple of hundred to last the month. It did but I still keep slipping over it now and again, phone bill, car again, clothes for my little un etc.

I was just beginning to see some hope on the horizon, OK I have a debilitating condition and no sign of any cure, but it could be worse.

It was at Easter I ended up in CCU, chest pains, blah, blah, blah, you know the score………heart disease here we come! Stopping only once at angina station. Could it be worse???

Well to sum up, I am 40 years old with now two different E Coli infections, which keep mutating and are resistant to all antibiotics.

Slowly they continue to debilitate my body, I have Angina, Asthma, can not sleep laid flat due to pain and take presently 34 different medications each day, yippee,!!!! oh I forgot my prostate is playing up as well…….drip, drip, drip little April Showers, lah, lah, lah I can only walk about 40 feet before I’m knackered, we have 2 flights of stairs to get into our home, it can take me 5 minutes to get up them on an average day (24 stairs). I only manage to go out for doctors or hospital apps really. My neighbour at the bottom has a disability scooter which he lets me borrow, so I go into town maybe once a week. I went to school to get my Emma on it and she thought it was brill!!!!!!! I was a bit ashamed to be honest! Funny looks etc.

We get about £100 a week to live on, the bloody electric in winter is £40 a week! My little Emma wants for nothing though I may never see her grow up so I spoil her I have to admit. I have applied for and been turned down for Disability Living Allowance, I appealed they said get stuffed - if I could afford the paxo I would!!!!!!

Now for the ‘coup de gras’. In about September 06 a paramedic accidentally knocked out one of my front teeth…….whoops! So 2 weeks ago I was at the dentist getting some treatment on it (long waiting times here. 2 NHS dentists and 34000 people, tends not to work very well – can’t imagine why, can you???? She asked how long had I had these sores in my mouth? I said 1 for at least 3 months wasn’t sure about the rest. She said use mouthwash and keep an eye on them, OK will do. Last week back again for more treatment and she said I do not like these sores I am going to refer you to the hospital. For god’s sake how much time in that bloody hospital!!!!

Anyway I went back on Friday and asked for a copy of the referral for my GP. I should stress I have a number of these sores in my mouth. I can only eat v.soft foods it’s like trying to swallow past a brick or something in my throat. The taste from them is putrid, my mouth goes dry and my mouth is very sore!!!!

Anyway she gave ME the copy to take to the GP. Well you can’t help it can you? Well I can’t (wish I could). I am referred for urgent appointment within 2 weeks………..suspected cancer! So that’s about it I think, nothing works properly anymore, not even little willy – bless him. Oh I nearly forgot all the skin on my face keeps falling of, strange one, they don’t know why that is either!

My claim with Abbey is with the DJ waiting for a date, Abbey have offered nothing. By the time it comes it should just cover the funeral cost, no cups of tea or bun fight after though, unless you bring your own! My timeline is:

1. 23/03/07 Letter to Abbey with Schedule of charges.

(14 days to reply).

I am lucky here as I have all my statements.

2. 28/03/07 Reply from Abbey, standard crap!

3. 29/03/07 LBA letter (14 days to reply).

4. 12/04/07 Telephone call to Abbey to advise proceeding with court action if no response. Told Abbey deal in date order and it would be at least 2 more weeks wait.

5. 13/04/07 Claim filed with MCOL. Giving Abbey till 02/05/07 to respond.

6. 24/04/07 Claim confirmed, now got 28 days to defend.

7. 25/04/07 Letter from Abbey saying still looking into my claim, need more time will write again in 4 weeks – never heard another thing from them!

8. 10/05/07Copy of Abbey defence received from Abbey

9. 16/05/07 Notice of transfer and Banks defence received from the court.

10. Visit to Abbey Tower with holdall and semtex – whoops didn’t mean to say semtex, silly me!

So there you have it if you haven’t fallen asleep, my story, my battles, my life to date and 34 tablets every day, yum, yum!!!

All the time I been ill I have desperately tried to hold onto basic Sky TV (15 a month). Mainly for the kids content. I may be ill, whatever, but her things are the last to be affected. I pay by cash and they have been taking me for £4 a month cos I won’t pay by DD, well not no more. Battle has commenced please have a look.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/98698-sky-tv-penalty-charge.html

I know I could not have come through what I have over the last nearly 2 years without the support of my wife, my family my adorable baby girl......she may be 6 but she's still my baby and a real true friend I have. Please do not think I am looking for sympathy on here. In life you are dealt your cards and have to accept what you get.

I am also gratefull to the hospital, doctors and most of all my 'angels' on the ward who are brilliant and support you all the way despite getting crap money for such a hard proffession.

I welcome any posts, good, or bad. If you need help ask me, I will try my very best for everyone here. I am no fountain of knowledge but I will always try. Thankyou for reading this and just maybe somebody somewhere will take something from it and that will make my day.

Simon in warm wet Scarborough:cool: :confused::):???:

Edited by Simon7685
left out the important bit

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon

Oh my God, what a story - seriously brought tears to my eyes.

Read your Sky thread too - can't really comment on the legalities because I know nothing about them, but it looks to me like you are definately forcing them to crack.

And after all you have been through, and still going through, you have the kindness to offer to help others.

My heart goes out to you, and I sincerely hope you whip their a***s!

Lotsa Luv

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi Simon

I read your story and could not believe what I was reading and how you are being hit by a stone wall all the time you try and get somewhere.

I hope for your sakes and your families that you get your money back from the Abbey. I can relate to how cold and uncaring they are when it comes to getting your own money back off them but when the boot is on their foot they never stop threatening till they get what they want. I am in the process of taking them to court because I am so sick of their lies and yet their own staff agree us customers are being ripped off blind.

I also hope you are going to take further advice on claiming DLA. I think from what you have said on here I believe you are entitled to this and you should be paid.

Considering your ill health have you approached the Department for work and pensions to see what you are entitled to there?

Is there a support worker in your area who knows about this sort of thing that could possibly meet you at your home and discuss all of this with you? With your wife having to take care of you, what about attendance allowance? I honestly believe there has to be some other benefit you should be getting considering how long you have been ill and the fact there is little anyone can do for you.

I hope I have been of some help to you although I dont know it all but I do believe there has to be something else you and your family should have to help you all financially.

Good luck to you Simon and you wife and daughter too, she sounds like she is a real daddy's girl. I know I have one of those too ;) even though she is all grown up she still comes back her dad when she wants something :p

Ladidi * Diane*

Ladidi

Hi Simon

I read your story and could not believe what I was reading and how you are being hit by a stone wall all the time you try and get somewhere.

I hope for your sakes and your families that you get your money back from the Abbey. I can relate to how cold and uncaring they are when it comes to getting your own money back off them but when the boot is on their foot they never stop threatening till they get what they want. I am in the process of taking them to court because I am so sick of their lies and yet their own staff agree us customers are being ripped off blind.

I also hope you are going to take further advice on claiming DLA. I think from what you have said on here I believe you are entitled to this and you should be paid.

Considering your ill health have you approached the Department for work and pensions to see what you are entitled to there?

Is there a support worker in your area who knows about this sort of thing that could possibly meet you at your home and discuss all of this with you? With your wife having to take care of you, what about attendance allowance? I honestly believe there has to be some other benefit you should be getting considering how long you have been ill and the fact there is little anyone can do for you.

I hope I have been of some help to you although I dont know it all but I do believe there has to be something else you and your family should have to help you all financially.

Good luck to you Simon and you wife and daughter too, she sounds like she is a real daddy's girl. I know I have one of those too ;) even though she is all grown up she still comes back her dad when she wants something :p

Ladidi * Diane*

Ladidi

Hi Simon

Ladidi * Diane*

Ladidi

Hi Simon

Ladidi * Diane*

Ladidi

WOW, So sorry there guys I dont know what happened, My computer went weird so I logged out came back and I find I have posted 4 times

Well I hope one of the MODS can remove 3 of them :rolleyes:

I also hope I raised :-D with Simon and his wife, He must thought he was seeing things with the same message posted 4 times..hahah

Ladidi

Simon luv.......you laugh, you cry...all at the same time. Bless you....what a time you've had.!!

You'll find heaps of people on here who will help you, support you and offer whatever advice they can. Most of them are the 'salt of the earth'...

because most of them, like you & I, have their own story to tell.

I really do wish you every success......Abbey WILL pay up.....no doubt about that. You hang in there.....it won't be long now.

Hi Simon.

My fellow Abbey buddy. Your story is inspiring. I DO get your sense of humour :D .

Long term illness can be depressing but you have managed to keep a good sense of humour about you. I was unaware of how ill you are until I read this thread. :(

shAbbey are awful and I can't wait for the day for your thread to change to My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey****WON****.:D :D :D

We will all celebrate with you in CAG land.

Remember we are all here to help and keep inspiring us with your "warped" humourous posts. :)

deedee xxx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

hi simon,

What a inspiration, to us all you are, all them knocks and still you keep getting up and fighting.

And as for your sense of humour,loved it. Keep us informed and hopefully soon you'll have the last laugh with the "SHABBY"

Babrs26

Hi Simon

Oh my God, what a story - seriously brought tears to my eyes.

Lotsa Luv

Jo xx

Thank you for taking the time to read it. I hope your case is going well and if you need any help, please ask.

Simon:)

wow my heart goes out tyo you i did have tears hugs

Hi

Thanks for that, hope your case is going well, let me know if I can help?

Hi Simon

Ladidi * Diane*

Hi Ladidi

Thank you for your kind comments, where are you with your case? Is everything going ok? I hope so, please let me know.

I am in the process of submitting another DLA application. Unfortunately I don't meet the qualifying conditions for Attendance Allowance at present. I have left no stone unturned in trying to find something I can get other than Income Support.

One of the problems is I don't have a recognised medical condition with a specific name to it. Although the infections are debilitating my body (body, thats a laugh, don't know about my body is a temple, more like it needs a bloody temple!) all the time and sap me of all my energy my condition, although it could kill me and one day probably will, is not classed as a terminal illness.

Basically the infections are always there but don't 'attack' my body all the time, although the pain is continuous. I believe it is the E Coli that is to blame for the other complications arising though ( Heart and possibly the C word).

At some point in the future it will overrun my body, of that I am sure. My fear is if it jumps and mutates again to cause septacaemia. I do think that would be it, as no way am I strong enough to beat it again but that is life and I have learned to live with it.

As for the DWP, they turned me down for Incapacity (self employment) so I get Income Support. In connection with that, I have to go for a medical next Thursday as they are going to assess me to see if I can go out and work. They are a set of bastards, sorry. If I could work I would, I want to, it is sole destroying not being able to support my family and having to live on other peoples money. They are also interviewing my wife because part of the Income Support is to support her, so they say she can go out and work. She does bloody work looking after a house, a child and me!

Anyway I could go on for ages but there is always someone who is in a worse position at least I have a bed to sleep in even if I cant lie down to sleep!

Let me know about your case and if a Moderator is reading, sorry for swearing and can you remove some of Ladidi's posts I don't think we need it 4 times! I thought my tablets had gone into overdrive and I was seeing double double!!!!

Keep in touch

Simon luv.......you laugh, you cry...all at the same time. Bless you....what a time you've had.!!

You'll find heaps of people on here who will help you, support you and offer whatever advice they can. Most of them are the 'salt of the earth'...

because most of them, like you & I, have their own story to tell.

I really do wish you every success......Abbey WILL pay up.....no doubt about that. You hang in there.....it won't be long now.

Hi Anita

Told you I would get my post done!!! It's a great way to take your mind away from pain and worry, although recounting things can be and is hard at times. I have to laugh, I always have, it keeps you going! It's good to cry and talk about things too as I have had to find out, mind you without the anti d's it might be different!!!!

You are right of course......there are some great people in here and many different stories. I wish I could answer them all but if I can help just 1 person a day I feel I will at least of made a little difference to someone and put something back into this great site!

I hope took a photo of your cheque!!!! Incidentally did Shabbey ask you to keep things confidential about your case? (Gagging order)???

simon, whilst i sympathise with your situation id like to say you have a real talent for writing,interesting, witty and very engaging. good luck to you and your family.

Thanks very much for that, do you have a case against Shabbey? If so how is it going, please let me know? If you want to that is.

Hi there Simon,

Hi Anita

Told you I would get my post done!!! It's a great way to take your mind away from pain and worry, although recounting things can be and is hard at times. I have to laugh, I always have, it keeps you going! It's good to cry and talk about things too as I have had to find out, mind you without the anti d's it might be different!!!!

You are right of course......there are some great people in here and many different stories. I wish I could answer them all but if I can help just 1 person a day I feel I will at least of made a little difference to someone and put something back into this great site!

I hope took a photo of your cheque!!!! Incidentally did Shabbey ask you to keep things confidential about your case? (Gagging order)???

You bet I took a copy of the cheque mate.......I'm gonna show it to the Judge on Thursday......how can they write a cheque before they've even sent the letter offering settlement.....must have been pretty sure of themselves.

I love your humour.....made me laugh so much. When you have a long term illness, it's good to be able to laugh....GOOD MEDICINE...I call it!!

Will keep checking in......my second thread is up now...Round 2 Go get 'em!!

Catch ya later

Anita

No gagging order....or anything about confidentiality...I wouldn't have agreed to it anyway.

Hi Simon.

My fellow Abbey buddy. Your story is inspiring. I DO get your sense of humour :D .

Long term illness can be depressing but you have managed to keep a good sense of humour about you. I was unaware of how ill you are until I read this thread.

shAbbey are awful and I can't wait for the day for your thread to change to My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey****WON****.:D :D :D

We will all celebrate with you in CAG land.

Remember we are all here to help and keep inspiring us with your "warped" humourous posts. :)

deedee xxx

Hi deedee

Thanks for that, I love the term Abbey buddy! A lot of people don't get my humour, they wonder how I can laugh at myself but if you can't laugh at yourself, then sorry I think there's something wrong......life is to short to be honest. Mmmmm, WON, it does sound good. Knowing my luck though I'll probably go out to bank the cheque and get knocked down by a low flying steam roller or something. Either that or Shabby will have gone bust overnight to spite me! Grrrrrr.

Bloody hell my thread has got to 2 pages.....I only started it today!!!!!!

Thats your fault Ladidi. You have got to stop posting the same message 4 times!

Anymore of it and it's off to the headmasters office for you!

Simon;)

Simon,

That is just the most amazing story, and beautifully written as well................:)

Well done for keeping your sense of humour after all that has happened to you.

This is a strange place..................everyone has a story to tell, but people are hugely supportive and encouraging,so keep visiting and posting.

Keep telling us your progress in both your claim and your condition, and you'll find everyone will help you every step of the way:)

Good luck, and don't, whatever you do, let go of that sense of humour of yours:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

hi simon,

What a inspiration, to us all you are, all them knocks and still you keep getting up and fighting.

And as for your sense of humour,loved it. Keep us informed and hopefully soon you'll have the last laugh with the "SHABBY"

Babrs26

Hi Barbs26

I have had to fight for everything I've ever got or had, I am pretty much used to it by now but I don't see why I should be bullied by beaurocratic bankers (with a W), or So Knackered Your Television Viewing, or even the Didn't Want to Pay.

Don't get me wrong I have bad days when all I want to do is curl up and die and think why did it happen to me, what have I done to deserve it! The point is though, where will it get me? Life is about fighting for most of us but if we can get the occasional small victory on the way through it, then Yes, keep fighting!

If you have an ongoing case, please let us know how you are doing or if your unsure or a bit stuck I like many others on this brilliant site will help.

Hi simon!!!! Just wanted to say im backing u all the way in this and if u ever need any help just yell!!!!!

You've certainly put my probs into perspective!!!

Keep up the good work!! ;)

bonnie

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bonnie

Thanks for that you are very kind, I've been watching your thread grow but not managed to read it right through yet but I will, don't worry!

Your probs you mention Bonnie, are more important than mine or anyone elses because they are yours. It is great to know that so many people are all behind each other and I will be taking you up on that offer of help at sometime, I just know it.

Will speak, well type, soon and thanks for your post.