• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please can anyone help me with writing a letter to dj law i have a drs letter on the grounds of my health/hardship although it dosent mention anything about hardship but it meant to be a hardship letter but has only said about my health so now how do i put a letter to dj law i have a date 8th jany 08 and i am trying to get it lifted on the grounds of hardship and get abbey to pay up ronan is being very akward, and has said he will mention the hardship letter at the hearing? the one i have sent to the courts and inga but hes seen it,

he cannot deny this as its in black and white where my dissability/mobility went in my bank and they took charges from my benefits which they are not allowed to do i have highlighted this in my statements as they left me with hardly anything to live on to get food etc there is a letter in my thread where i put this letter (abroadgirl v abbey) i did email for the i think fos and i havent heard anything back this was last month i emailed here as the thread said to email but not heard anything back so i have got the letter from my drs at a cost of £25.

i havent sent it to the courts as yet as i dont know how to word the letter also i would love a STROPPY letter for the shabby as i am sick of being nice and polite

the email from ronan as inga is away till 4th dec so looks like he is now handling everything is headed yet again MS instead of Mrs... then underneath it says

without predijice

well that as far as i know dosent go down in court etc

please can anyone help me with a letter to the dj,

thankyou hugs n take care

abg

x

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Abg

I will happily write a letter for you, if you want me to, I owe you a great deal luv.

Let me know if you want me to then I can sort out exactly what you want and get on with it for you.

Speak soon

Simon:)

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

HI SIMON,

TYVVVM FOR YOUR REPLY

ITS LIKE A COVER LETTER TO GO WITH THE DRS LETTER I WILL BE FAXING IT TO THEM IT IS FOR THE JUDGE law

the other one is a stroppy one for our fav ronan heeheehee its been the same length of time for me as well if not a bit longer

i really do appreciate this

do i also fax the dr s letter to ronan or do i not bother and just send tit to courts

tyvvm for all your help

ur a star

keep ya head up high and smile

hugs

abg

Banofi v A&L #WON#

how the banks differ:rolleyes:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi Jan

My, how differently it could be if only Abbey were like this too. It doesn't seem that Banofi had too much differently to me (and others) and yet I/We get ignored by Abbey. It is blatantly obvious that all the banks are singing from different hymn sheets, which I don't think is right, surely there should be one set of rules that all the banks have to adhere to, after all we all have to follow the same procedures and rules!

That link for this is money site is great Jan. What an excellant site it is!! I had no idea it existed.............live and learn eh! I'll be bookmarking it now though! It just further highlights the garbage the banks deal out on a daily basis. It really needs the government to get their fingers out and make the banks accountable for their actions!

HI ZOOTSCOOT

tried pm but your box was full

Carey Anne on Barclays is asking for some help on publicity

Can you help?

sorry about the hijack

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

All Hijacks accepted as long as it means someone gets the help they need:D

Jan, have you thought about being a Site Helper?? I think you would be great at the job.

hi simon, have you actually had an 'application for stay removal' rejected by DJ hill ?

Hi Pinkbabez

No I haven't. I haven't actualy filed the N244, I was going to and then decided to let the bank know of my hardship status and health issues. I did that over 2 weeks ago and they haven't replied. So I listened to all the advice from Jan and Zootscoot and decided contacting the FOS may be the right track.

Do you know of any others who have had any success with DJ Hill?

New Update

I received a letter from the Abbey's debt recovery section today.

DEFAULT OF PAYMENT

DRMS Ltd have been instructed by Abbey to obtain immediate settlement of the above debt.

Please arrange to pay this amount by return of post. If this is not possible, please call this office today on 0845 6001618 to discuss your proposals for repayments.

Payments can be made by Switch, Delta, Visa or Credit Card and by cheque or postal order; made payable to DRMS Ltd. Payments can also be made at your local Abbey branch quoting your account number.

***Your account will be closed once the balance has been cleared***

Maybe I will pop down to the bank tomorrow and pop the cash in that's under my mattress. Or I could ring and offer to pay with the new card they sent last month, or was it September???

Not bad considering about 12 months ago I was in credit!!!

Suppose I had better write to them and tell them I'll give them 50p a week!

Maybe if they take me to court I'll ask for a stay!!

• Haha 1

hi simon

no no no dont offer them anything

i had the same and i phoned them up and told them they are not getting anything im in the middle of court proceedings etc i have put it in my thread i will go and look for it as i carnt remember now they refered me to them after my refusing itrim justica and i told them about the court etc and they said they were returning it all back to abbey asw they didnt want to get involed so then i got the same from the same comp as u si and i told them the same they asaid at first they wasnt intrested etc so then i phoned them again and i got would u believe a nice lady whem i thaanked and said she was the only decent one i have spoken to there she asked had i got proof of the same charges on going since jany etc i said yes she gave me a fax number and i faxed all the evendence to her and i havent heard a thing now for a few months

do not offer any payment

hugs

abg

hi simon, no i dont know of any other succsess with DJ Hill but if you gave it a go you could be another !! whats stopping you ? i really think you should apply for the lift and add your own letter explaining your personel situation and any letters which show you financial position.....it worked for me. I knew as long as that stay was on my claim then abbey wernt going to budge. but thats just a view on my case what you do is your choice but good luck dont give up :)

One thing that might happen ( as per the case on BBC2 tonight) is that you may not get the stay lifted but you might get the charges frozen - that might help.

As I said maybe you could try both ways at the same time - and emphasise to the FOS you dont want to go to court - but you feel you have no choice.

Reference you letter about debt recovery - is this for the account you are reclaiming charges?

Also in the money mail link - it does clearly say

Although as a hardship case you are not entitled to a refund of charges the bank must consider your case.

Therefore if they refuse they should give you the reasons why in writing so you have more to base your future arguments on.

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

happy belated birthday wishes to our very owm

simon

was his birthday yesterday

happy birthday to those who had a birthday yesterday as well

also happy birthday to my hubby its his today 18th

happy birthday to those who is celerbrating there birthdays today as well

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("1241154") report.gif

Hi All

Thanks for the Birthday wishes abg!

It's good to be still around at 41, it's been touch and go more than a

few times this last year but I'm still here and will fight to get 42 and more as well!:)

After all I can't give the Abbey the satisfaction, can I:p

Will update tomorrow when I've more time.......

Jan YES the default notice is on this account!

UPDATE

I received a letter from the FOS, dated 13 November, it reads as follows;

Your Complaint about Abbey National plc

Thank you for contacting us. I enclose our leaflet which explains how we can help to resolve complaints. As you will see before we can consider a complaint the business concerned must have been given a chance to put things right.

I have therefore written to Abbey to let them know that you have a complaint. Abbey should now contact you for details of the complaint, if they do not already have them. If you do not hear from them within the nest few days after receiving this letter, you may wish to contact hem at the address given below, mentioning that we have already written to them. They should issue a final response in writing within 8 weeks of the date they receive the complaint.

On receipt of Abbeys final response, if you feel they have not put things right for you, or, alternatively, if you have not heard from thrm after those 8 weeks, please complete the enclosed complaint form and send it to us along with any supporting documentation.

Yours sincerely

The address they gave me to write to was interesting because it was a Milton Keynes address and a name I haven't heard of before. Not sure if I'm allowed (legally) to put the details on here, so if anyone wants to know, you'll have to pm me.

By the way if they have actually put a default on your accoun that will show on your credit agency checks there are ways to get them removed - I will point you in the direction of the thread if you need it

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Sheepy_Birthday_2.jpg

Birthday Bleatings:D

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks for that Jan, it's great and I don't need my eyes testing to see it's a sheep........:D

IMPORTANT UPDATE

As I awoke yesterday morning

when all things new are born

A Ronan rang my telephone

to herald in the dawn

After nine long tiring, upsetting, annoying months the Abbey have decided to settle out of court because of my hardship and health issues!

He introduced himself and said my letter of 29 October had worked it's way through various departments at the Abbey and that they would in view of its contents like to negotiate a settlement. He said becuase of the hardship and health problems I had they did not want to make me wait until the outcome of the test case. Incidentally he said whatever the result, it would be appealed and more than likely drag on for possibly a number of years. Nothing more than most people would expect I suppose but worth noting!

He mentioned the additional charges and interest that I had noted in my letter and despite them not yet being officialy part of the claim the Abbey would include them in negotiations and he asked if I was prepared to reach a settlement with him, I said YES!!!!!!...............Give me the money..................:p . Actually I just said yes!!!!!!

I asked if the money would be paid by cheque?, he said it would normally be paid direct into my Abbey account (which is £3889 overdrawn), (he was obviously aware of this fact as our discussion went on). I said I had been hoping for a cheque from them. He said as long as I realised the ongoing charges and interest would continue on the account and I would still be reponsible for it, then fine he would organize a cheque. So I decided to go for that.

I do realise the debt on my current account is not going to go away and that I am responsible to repay the money but my financial state at the moment is more important to me to be honest. Christmas is just around the corner and as it stands at the moment, we will be chasing down the beach for a fat seagull for dinner:eek: , sat at the table around our Xmas Twig that we found in the sweepings from the tree stall in the market! ;)

Anyhow he said Abbeys position was to pay 65% of the total claim or about £2337 and he asked if I would be prepared to settle for that?

So I said I was hoping for about £2500, after a pause he said ok, that was a workable figure and he was happy to go for that.

Now the dilema was whether to push for more and I decided not to, so I accepted £2500. He has told me I will have a cheque by Friday. He gave me his number in case of any problems and said I could call him if there were.

I know a lot of people on here will probably think I should have pushed for a larger amount, basically I have for gone £1100 on the total amount. I had to think on my feet and take everything into consideration.

The original amount of my claim before all the new charges was £2730, which includes interest @8% upto todays date of £375. Interest is not guaranteed to be awarded by the court if the case got there so £2.5k taking these factors into account I don't think is a bad offer.

Regarding the charges accrued since thr initial claim well at £2.5k I am foregoing those as well but I need to look at the bigger picture really.

I am going to receive £2500 which is going to go into my new bank account and I am going to get the benefit of that money, which to be honest is an absolute godsend at the moment.

If the banks had levied charges at a reasonable level from the beginning then this case or anyother would not have come about as people generally accept that a charge is appropriate but not at the current ridiculously high levels. So I am looking at this a pretty good deal. The bank did also refund £300 in charges 2 months ago of their own free will on my account. Obviously when negotiating Ronan and the Abbey were aware that my account is £3889 od, yet still prepared to reach agreement by issuing a cheque to me, so I can take advantage of the money.

To be brutally honest we need the money so much, given our circumstances, there is only so long you can rob Peter to pay Paul whn you live on £90 a week. The money will be a great relief for us, enable me to clear some smaller debts, have a decent Christmas and still have a bit left over, maybe even go for a short break somewhere, which will take some pressure off my family who look after me without complaint day in day out.

I know I now have to reach agreement with Abbey over my current account but that is a new story and for now I want to enjoy a few quid.

I will be making a donation to this site as soon as my cheque is received and cleared (wouldn't it be great if it bounced!), it is a truly grat place. My heartfelt thanks to all who have helped and supported me through this journey and those of you who are still battling the banks................DO NOT GIVE UP, keep going and I hope you all get what you deserve in the end. An EXTRA SPECIAL THANK YOU to;

:) Kia...............Jan.............Zoomscoot and..............abroadgirl:)

You have all given me loads of help and been there supporting me and without that I would not be posting this now, you are exceptional people with hearts of gold, Thank you just does not seem enough somehow.

I will not be disappearing now I have won, I am allready helping one person and will continue to help others where I can, besides what would you do without me to nag you!!!!!

Thank you all so much

PS. Zootscoot please do me the honour of changing my title and adding that massive word........................***WON***. Without exception you are the best mod on this site!

Simon, that is superb, very many congratulations I am so pleased for you!! dont forget, you can go back for the rest !! I will have the thread marked settled. Please dont be a stranger :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed