Tentonhampster vs Nationwide

tentonhampster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First letter submitted: 18/6/07 First fob-off recieved: 22/6/07 Interestingly, it claims that bank charges are only refunded in 'exceptional cases' (ie. when someone sues them...) The tone of the letter is a masterpiece. Had I not known about this wonderful forum (and the experiences of others), I might have gone away with the impression that I am simply reacting to speculation in the media, that the charges are my own fault, I don't really know what I am doing, and that I have little or no chance of getting anything out of them. This despite the letter's refusal to engage with a single point raised in my letter. Roll on the 2nd of July! I also love the way the letter was hand-signed with two initials and a title but no name.

Have a good read of the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. You will find a lot of essential information. Try to keep your thread up to date with progress reports and if you need help, post your questions on this thread. Other users who are already dealing with Nationwide will be able to see what stage you're at and offer you the appropriate help.

This is a self-help forum.....We provide the info....you do the reading.

If you follow our well tried and tested route then you WILL get you charges back.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 3 weeks later...

hmmmm, with the N1 form can I choose which court I claim in or does it have to be the one that I live physically closest to?

A minor point, but I would prefer to do it closer to where I work and only take half the day off...

Hi, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I have a general question about my N1 form. Can I choose which county court to take my bank to, or does it have to be my local one. The closest one to where I work would be city of london & mayor's, but that isn't the nearest to where I live... can I take them to court in london and avoid wasting too much of my holiday...? Cheers

It will be the one closest to the banks HQ, ie NW in Northampton.
WRONG!!!...It can be ANY Court that the Claimant wishes!...

How to make a claim

...As the Claimant will be an individual + Nationwide is a countrywide busines, the Court closest to the Claimants address is the one where it is usually transferred to, unless a party to the proceedings objects for a valid reason.

Claimants from Scotland have even Filed their Claims at various County Courts in England!!!

Here is a link to the list of potential County Courts available to a Claimant...

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/

btw...Nationwide's HQ is in Swindon, NOT Northampton!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/74992-nationwide-contact-information.html

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...