Abbey / Wescot Trouble

dlt1984

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys/Girls,

Just recently sent through to Abbey details of charges to a joint account I hold with my brother - we have had the account open just over a year an only ever used it once or twice when it was first set up.

Basically, the account was left 6 months ago or so in the red to the tune of a couple of pounds - as there was no overdraft allowed we have been charged £20+ every months since leaving the account which now stands (as of last week) at -£145.75.

So, I sent of (via freedom of information act letter used here) to check out our charge - they add up to a total of £314.74. Next I sent the letter asking for the charges to be refunded (last Friday).

Now, this Thursday I check the post and there’s a letter from Wescot credit services - notice of debt collection for the 145.75! I'm a bit stuck here what to do - 97% of the debt is in bank charges, have abbey just seen my letter, then seen that the account isn't in credit and then forwarded it on to Wescott?

What do I do? Any help is much appreciated. P.S. this is my first post on the forum so let me know if it’s in the right area.

Regards, Dan.

just contact westcott and advise them the money is in dispute and that you have issued a letter before action to abbey. if they wish to take you to court for the money you will welcome that course of action as it will save you the trouble of suing them as you will defend in full.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Thanks noobrider - is there a precedent for this happening to other people? So - will I expect anything back at all from the abbey regarding my charges or do I have to chase them up again & are there any letters / templates you could advise me to start with? Your help is much appreciated!

Regards, Dan

can i suggest you start right at the begining and read the faqs then understand how to claim and why then start firing your letter off. i presumed that you had already started litigation

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

This is what i'm preparing to send to the Abbey, does this look ok?

Abbey National Plc

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ref: Account number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to my previous correspondence (attached) regarding the request a refund of all the default charges that have been applied to my account under the ‘Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999’. I have taken note that you have passed the outstanding balance of £145.75 to Wescot Credit Services Ltd. Please note that since my previous letter the account is ‘in dispute’. Also note that a substantial majority of the aforementioned balance consists of bank charges I believe to be unlawful as they do not reflect the true cost of going into an unauthorised overdraft. I am sure that you are aware of the Office of Fair Trading guidelines concerning legitimately disputed debts.

Yours faithfully, etc etc