Dda Replied To Cca Request Re: Default (advice Needed)

kevinmcuk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had sent a CCA s77/s78 request using the standard template; and two days later one company called HILLESDEN SECURITIES had replied as follows:

Dear KevinMcuk

ACCOUNT NO XXXXXXXX - FORMERLY MBNA XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Thank you for your recent letter dated 20th june 2007 regarding the above account. This has been passed to me for attention.

I would confirm and advise the following:-

1. I acknowledge receipt of your payment of £1.00 in connection with your data request under Consumer Credit Act 1974. We are still awaiting a copy of your original agreement with MBNA and a copy of the original default notice. When these become available they will be forwarded to you.

2. If we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement, we will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

3. Please find enlcosed a copy of the key pages of the sale agreement between Hillesden Securities and MBNA. Please note that due to data protection we are unable to provide a full copy of the agreement, however, we would be happy to supply a full copy to a judge in court when required.

Should you require anything further at this point please contact me accordingly. I will update you on developments in 21 days if there are no developments beforehand.

Yours sincerely

XXXX

Director & Data Controller

Direct Line xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am very concerned about this letter as they have stated that they may not be able to supply the orginal agreement; therefore am I legally right to refuse a copy of a copy anf demand an orginal copy? secondly, the alleged agreement to which they had supplied looks rather strange, on the bottom left of the document there is a reference number like those shown on a computer, it reads: (Hillesden Card 2002.doc) and the agreement is computer typed apart from the day within the date section which has been hand written as 24 therefore showing 24 day of October 2001, however throughout the rest of the document, there is a reference number on the bottom left showing (C:\TEMP\Hillesden Card 2002.doc) therefore I would I be right in legally challenging the actual contents of this agreement, and challenge the fact that this is not an original copy, but rather some computer print out?

Please advise, this is the first reply from 5 different creditors I have written to.

Kevin.

• 7 months later...