bambina vs Nationwide....advice please

bambina13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

After waiting just 38 days for my statements to come through from Nationwide I received them yesterday. I've worked out that the total in bank charges alone comes to £4950. My question is should I be asking for interest as well, as I know the maximum amount to claim in the small claims court is £5,000.

Also can anyone tell me if they have gone down the financial ombudsman route or is it better to do the tried and tested MCOL route?

Thanks for your help.....

Hiya,

Your next step should be to send your request for your charges back which you give them 14 days to reply, you dont add interest on until you actually fill in your court claim. The nationwide usually send you a standard letter saying no sorry you cant have your charges back. You then send them a Letter Before Action again requesting you charges back if after this letter you still do not get anywhere (which you dont) you then file with court after the 14 days are up, then you add on your interest and court costs.

You should read the FAQ's on here it explains every step.

• 4 weeks later...

I've recieved my first - go away letter from Nationwide. I know my next letter is a Letter before action but the only one I can find refers to not having received a response. Can you direct me to the template, and do I have to send a schedule of charges in with the letter as well.

Send them a copy of your schedule but dont include the interest just yet - there is a paragraph in the LBA telling them should they not pay up then you will procede with court action and they will have to pay the interest and court costs. ( they didnt even bother replying to my LBA and my date is fast approaching for them to enter a defense - monday to be precise lol:p)

Well good luck Pink P - hope you get your money soon. So I've sent mine registered today - do I count 14 working days or 14 normal days, that takes me to the 1st or 2nd of August! And then hopefully I'll be able to file my MCOL...:???: