Direct Debit Setup To My Bank Account Illegally

bazzy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At least I think this is illegal... I had a home study course with Home Learning Direct and it was paid for with finance set up by them with a company called Aqueus Study Finance. The course was over £1000 but with two months left at £49/month I lost my job so I cancelled the direct debit and waited for them to get in contact with me so I could rearrange a better way to clear the £98. Sure enough I got a letter from Clydesdale Financial Services saying they had bought the debt and they would collect the money. Because I dont start my new job until next week I have stalled a bit so I can get some money coming in before I start payments but today I checked my bank account online and they have setup a direct debit and taken £49 of my JSA without even telling me. I haven't even spoke to or phoned them so I can only presume that my bank details were also passed on. This is baffling me as I cant believe it but its true. What should I do..? :Cry:

contact your bank and tell them you did not authorise this co. to DD you.

under the DD redemption guarantee, they must remove it and get it refunded. thats the way i read it anyhow.

got telephone or internet banking? do it yourself now.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I agree any DD is covered by the direct debit guarantee it is up to your bank to give you your money back. Then the bank contact the over party to get the money back.

First letter to halifax sent rec del 26/4

Data Protection Act letter to capital one sent rec del 26/4

Halifax 1st offer dated 5/5

Capital One ack Data Protection Act request rec 6/5

Request for repayment to Capital One 2/8

LBA sent 22/8

Court proceedings issued 13/10

Settled in Full 9/11

Donation made 14/11

Banks are very good at not giving refunds under the DD guarantee. You may need to insist they give you the money back. I had trouble with Lloyds effectively making things up - I must tell them on the day the DD comes out etc - but eventually they recalled it.

bazzy

this surely must be classed as THEFT by Clydesdale Financial Services

see what the police have to say about it, and dont let them fob you off. make it clear to them that you are making a COMPLAINT about Clydesdale Financial Services

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

• 2 years later...