o2 bill mistakes....help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i hope someone can help?

i had a 12 month contract with o2 that ended in jun 2006 with no problems; chaged supplier as i was orffered a better deal. when i cancelled my account o2 offered me a 1 year retention deal in which they paid all my line rental for 12 months with 25 minutes a month.....they did this as they said it would put me in a better position when i came to renew my contract in 2007. i kept the sim card they sent me (which is still sealed) and did not use the free minutes

everyhting was fine until april when i got a call from o2 saying i owed them £14...i explained the above, the robot in the call centre said i still owed them money....so i closed the account; they neglected to tell me that i would be liable for a disconection fee; the final bill is around £60 now!!!

i have called o2 several times and asked how a contract that hasn't been used with a still sealed sim card can run up a bill of £14, no one can tell me, i have asked to log that i dispute the bill and i am refusing to pay anything until someone can give me a written breakdown of where this charge has come from......................nothing

this week when they have sent me a debt collection letter for £60 i have spoken again to o2 ....still no help

i have made an online compliant to o2.....what can i do about the debt collection i am fuming!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

cheers

Hi jdobuk

you could try sending this letter (just rememder to replace red with your info . i have used this with a debt collection agency and it was resolved within 2 weeks.

alter as you need

hope this helps TC

Their name and address your name &address

You’re Reference xxxxxx

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this credit agreement before I will correspond further on this matter.

This is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a Full statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Also, since you are a Debt Collection Agency, I would also ask that you supply a signed true copy of the executed deed of assignment for the above referenced agreement. This is an obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER:

1. True copy of original agreement

2. Statement of account

3. Copy of the executed deed of assignment from company xxx

4. A Fair Processing Notice.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by you is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment.

I look forward to hearing from you within the statutory time limit.

Yours faithfully