Eurocarparks - AGAIN!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning.

Can I first just comment on what a great and informative website this is. I only came across your website this morning and already I have read some very interesting debates etc...

Secondly apologies if my post seems somewhat repetitive as Eurocarparks seems to be a common thread on this board so here goes...

I am off seeing The Who at Knowsley this morning so imagine how my day started off when I recieved a letter from Eurocarparks demanding 80 pounds!

Firstly I do remember parking in Manchester that day I went seeing the overrated Zodiac with my girlfriend and it was on a Eurocarparks site. However under no circumstances did I ever recieve a ticket! Do they administer tickets in a similar fashion to your average traffic warden i.e stuck on your windscreen? If so, I never got one or it was moved.

Secondly I have recieved NO communication from them regarding the initial 60 pound fine for the so called offence and now they are stating there will be an extra 25 pound charge for any further notices if this 80 pound fine is not paid within 14 days of the letter!!!

The absence of this communucation is what has made me angry! :evil:

I am going to appeal because of this. Does anyone have any tips what I should write in the letter? They seem to be getting a bit smarter in terms of the wording of their correspondance. The letter from them states the time and date of the offence and also the contravention which is a D.

Any help or tips would be appreciated :)

Have a good day.

cheers,

RYU.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm moving your thread to the Parking forum where I'm sure you'll get good advice.

(I bet The Who were fantastic! At least the day wasn't all bad).

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well first of all don't 'appeal', as it's just a [problem] to make you think it's a real parking ticket.

Write to them denying any money is owed as you have no idea what they are talking about, and that if they disagree to sue you within 14 days. They will not do so as they know full well it's a [problem]. Any other contact or should be reported as harrasment. Let them know this in your letter.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

In addition to what Zamzara has said, they have written to you because you are the registered keeper of the vehicle. Write to them pointing out that you have received their invoice because you are the registered keeper, but the registered keeper has no liability for their invoice whatsoever. Advise them they need to contact the driver.

You don't have to say who the driver was, despite what they might try and say subsequently and it is up to them to prove who the driver was and then establish that a contract was in place. If they can manage that then all they can claim is their losses and if it was a free car park (which I very much suspect is the case) then their losses are zero.