What should I be doing?

kaf1310
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice please...

I have a flex account with Nationwide, which I haven't used since 2004.

While the account was active, I had an overdraft which I started to pay back (overdraft amount was £300, paying £70 a month). I had basically paid the overdraft back when they took out interest taking the account over the agreed limit. I ignored this and they didnt mention it.

Until I filed a claim for my charges, which were all for unauthorised overdraft fees. The fees total £424 which I asked they pay back.

They have since asked that I repay the £213 in which my account is overdrawn without having an agreed overdraft. I explained to them that I had a claim going through for charges and that once they are refunded, it would cover the overdrawn amount. They said that I still need to repay the overdrawn amount incase the claim is not successful.

I am not keen at all to do this, as 1. I cant really afford to, and 2. The only reason the account it overdrawn is because of their charges.

I have sent them letters asking for the charges back and they have sent me the usual letters saying they have considered my claim blah blah and it wouldnt be fair to all the other loyal customer etc.

So I dont really know what to do next.

I have sent them the LBA to them today,for the 2nd time, just to give them a second chance to pay up, but I expect they will fob me off again, so what should I do after the 14 days are up? Should I just file a claim through the courts? And should I pay the £213 they are asking for or try and speak to them and set up some kind of agreement?

Any help would be very much appriciated. If only they could be like NatWest! Who paid out £1423 after 1st letter.

Thanks very muchly

Kathryn

Hi Kaf1310,

Sory but unfortuantely the Nationwide are not so accomodating and I think you will have to take them to court for the full amount of what they owe you, plus interest and court costs. They are hoping that you will give up and let them keep YOUR money! Why let them get away with what is rightfully yours. They rely on people just giving up and letting them keep your money plus interest. Read through some of the threads on here and you will soon see that you CAN and WILL win back what is rightfully YOURS. Good luck!;)