Should I take Bank of Scotland to court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent this last night, but got no responses, and since then it's scrolled into the next screen. So, apologies that this is entered twice, but I really need some answers!

-----------------------------------------------

I'm claiming £586 (+ interest of £26) from the Bank of Scotland. I wrote originally about a month ago and got the usual 'charges correctly applied' letter. I then sent the LBA (with my schedule of charges) two weeks ago, giving them 2 weeks to reply. They haven't done so, so I will now proceed with a Small Claims Summons in my local Sherriff's Court (yes, I live in Scotland!). Here are my questions.

1. What address should I put for the Bank of Scotland in the summons? Their head office in Edinburgh?

2. I presume I can apply the 'Judicial Interest' (worked out using the Complex Interest spreadsheet found elsewhere on this site to be £102.29, total claim £714.30) now? On Martin Lewis's site, there's an interest calculator which came up with a different amount for interest than the spreadsheet (total claim of £659.67). Which should I use?

Thanks

17.gifto the Haliprats forum, Gwydion, I think you should send it to their offices in Scotland, but I would advise that you to have a good read, of as many threads as you can, as I'm sure you will find answers to your questions. We have an Interest Calculator, try this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/chargeinterest.php

If you have any problems, or if there's anything you need advice on, just SHOUT & someone will always come to your rescue, we're a very friendly lot on here. Keep us posted on how you get on.

ja-de

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I sent this last night, but got no responses, and since then it's scrolled into the next screen. So, apologies that this is entered twice, but I really need some answers!

Don't worry!

Folks DO look around beyond screen 1!!!

A little tip: if you want to move it up - just add a reply with the word *BUMP* and that alerts everyone!

As to the address - well, BOS is now HBOSplc and their main office is:

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

But, well, the choice is entirely yours - the Mound would do just as well. Don't worry if you get replies to letters from all over the place. They do that to confuse you!!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/2657-bos-contact.html

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!