• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cookie v FD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Thought it about time I started my own thread.

Here’s the story so far.

Requested statements 6 Feb

Sent claim letter to FD 19 Feb

Received offer of 80% of claim

Refused offer and sent LBA 10 March

No reply so filed with MCOL on 23 March

FD's solicitors filed a defence on the last possible date, and case was transferred to my local county court (Bournemouth) on 1st May.

Received AQ and returned it on 8 May (The deadline was 21 May)

Sent nudge letters to both FD & DG on May 17th & 24th

Heard nothing so contacted the Court on 7th June who told me that they had not received the banks AQ. They advised me to write a letter requesting the case be moved on to the next stage and request judgement, which I did the same day. (Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel)

Now, two weeks later and a full month after the AQ should have been filed I have heard nothing. So I called the Court today to be told that they have received the AQ from the bank and a court date has been set, 27th Sept.!! :evil:

I couldn't believe it, are the courts on the bank's side? Why would they want to drag this on to the end of Sept? It doesn’t make any sense at all to accept the banks AQ a month late, I'm sure they would not have allowed me to miss the deadline by 4 weeks and get away with it!

Has anyone else out there had any experience of Bournemouth Courts? I'd like to hear from you. And anyone else with a similar experience / advise please.:?

I have just received confirmation of the court date in the post. I now have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

The court date is 27 Sept. I need to send all documents in by 12 July - This seems a long time before the court date is that usual?

The hearing should take no longer than 1 hour. - Others I have read on hear have only been allocated 5 or 10 mins?

There is no mention of the AQ from the bank. Should I have been sent a copy?

I'm still waiting to hear from my court, the deadline for AQ was 11th June and DG still haven't filed an AQ. The papers are still with the judge (apparently they have a backlog)

Not sure about the lead time with regards to getting your bundle in. However, you can be assured that if your bundle reaches the court by 11th July (and subsequently DG as well) that an offer should be forthcoming pretty quickly after that. Well, if you look at what happens to some of the others in this forum.

It is annoying but its just a matter of holding tight...

Good luck....

Right I have to get down to sorting out this court bundle, I am not too sure of all the things I should send. I've read Tiffla's thread who sent in a very comprehensive bundle and has been successful in getting an offer quickly. I'd like to so the same but I need some advise on exactly what to send and where to get the info from. Sorry if I seem thick but the more I look through this site the more worried I get that I might get it wrong and lose the case. Any help will be gratefully received.

Hi, Cookie.

I've just replied to you in my own thread, and then i found yours:confused:

Have a look here, if i hadn't have found this thread, i'd have probobly failed miserably.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/97447-court-bundles-dummies.html

Good luck, don't forget to keep us all posted!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm putting together the finishing touches to my court bundle today. It's due at the court tomorrow 12th July. I've just realised that there is another postal strike Thurs & Fri! No problem with the court I will take it by hand anyway. But how important is it that it gets to DG on time. I'm not too worried as they were over 2 weeks late submitting their AQ to the court. I will post via special delivery today.

Does anyone have any last minute advice for me?

I'm pretty much following what Tiffla did.

Thank you

Quick query

Other threads say we can't use 'Without Prejudice' letters. But my notice from the court says "Each party must deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 12 July 2007. (These should include the letter making the claim and the reply.)"

The only letter I have received from FD was the reply to my claim which is headed WITHOUR PREJUDICE.

I have not received anything else from them or DG.

So I think I must include it, unless anyone has any other advice.

Rooting for you! You don't need luck but you certainly have my best wishes!

As for 'without prejudice' EVERY letter from DG says that, and most from the bank, so you'd have no letters from their side AT ALL to go off if you didn't send those ones. That's my thinking anyway. It can't be used as a means of hiding responses from the court, if that's what FD/DG think they can do in using that wording.

It seems the courts are behind in logging the documents they've received. So they couldn't tell me if they had received anything from DG or not. I was told that my case would be looked at by the judge at the end of next week, and if they had no documents from the defendants the judge would probably issue an 'Unless order'. Which would give them yet more time to comply with the courts directions. So it's still a waiting game, but with interest increasing at 8% maybe I'm doing better than having the money in a savings account!! Can anyone tell me please. Is the interest tax free?

Hi Cookie, Im afraid the courts give the banks a lot of extra time, I thought I was close to the finish after getting judgement by default, three weeks later the banks got it set aside, there is no real logic to the process, just keep going and keep us informed, good help on here, goo luck.

Well it's a week and a half since I delivered the court bundles to the court and DG via special delivery, and all is silent. Others on here are receiving offers of the full amount as soon as they send the bundles yet they are ignoring me completely. I think I'll give the court a call Monday.

What do others think??

Hi, Cookie.

I guess it does seem a long time between submitting your bundle and the court date, but i wouldn't worry too much.

My guess is that the money will be in your account within two days of you accepting their full offer. When the offer might land on your doorstep could be anyones guess - but DG being DG - it will be at the last moment no doubt.

Just sit tight and hang in there, and don't forget to plan how to blow all that lovely lolly!!!!!;)

DG wrote to me 1 week after i sent them my court bundle offering 50% of claim, I didnt even bother to respond. On the day before court I received a cheque for full claim which included compounded interest paid on the charges and contractual compound interest. Hang in there. :D

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

All is still silent from DG. I called the court today and guess what? They haven't received a court bundle from DG. What a surprise!!!! So advised me to write into the court and request judgment based on their default. My letter is written and will be off to the court today.

All is still silent from DG. I called the court today and guess what? They haven't received a court bundle from DG. What a surprise!!!! So advised me to write into the court and request judgment based on their default. My letter is written and will be off to the court today.

Thats exactly what I did, things will move quickly now, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I called the court and as predicted the judge has issued an unless order, I'm waiting to receive a copy the order to find out how much longer the judge has given them to comply. I'm now worried that the delay will mean that I won't get a judgment before all cases are suspended due to the OFT case.

So near and yet so far!

Looks like the information I was given by the court last week by phone was wrong. The judge has not issued an unless order but an order stating that my case is stayed pending the final resolution of the case bought by the OFT. Looks like I'm in for a long wait.

• 5 months later...

Since starting my claim I have not been using my FD a/c (just a few quid left in it) or my FD credit card which is all paid off . I have received a letter from FD informing me that they will be closing my credit card a/c on 26 Jan and requesting that I do not use it as authorisation may be declined. Something to do with them being a 'responsible lender'. A phone call to their Credit Services Team revealed that it was because my salary was no longer being paid into the FD a/c they couldn't be sure I would be able to repay any future spending on the card. Funny that didn't seem to worry them when I was regularly spending more than I was earning and they were charging me fees every month. More to do with them no longer making money out of me I think!! Of course if I no longer hold a FD credit card I will be charged a monthly banking charge. They've had enough money out of me, my accoun is now closed. The only reason I kept it open was for when they finally repay me all those fees.