Help / reassurance required

treetrunk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have had a claim going with Lloyds TSB since January for about £1400 including the interest and court fees. To date, I have a court hearing set for the 14th August. I've phoned the court and they don't require any further imformation (bundle). I've phoned [problem]/****, and they won't discuss anything over the phone, quoting that their client has instructed them not to settle in ANY case ... yeah right!

My request is mainly for reassurance, as I'm getting a bit scared now, particularly in the light of the recent adverse rulings from maverick judges.

Do I just sit back and wait for the hearing? Or is there anything I can do to hasten things and hopefully get [problem]/**** to settle?

Thanks for any assistance.

hi i will do my best to reasurre you.

i was in court today for lloyds tsb gold credit card and won! banks defence didnt bother to show up at all.

after reading many threads with a similar situation to yours i believe you will get a settlement probably day before hearing ( lloyds tsb like to hang to rght till the date)

dont think there is anything you can do to make them settle sooner just sit back and wait and iam sure you will get a settlement before hearing date it is still just under 2 months away so you still have plenty of time to hear from sc&m

hope this helps a little lol

Madhoose2007,

thanks for that, feeling a teency bit better now. Congrats on your win. How did it go in court? I mean, what sort of things did the judge ask? How much info did you have to take with you? I guess thats whats worrying me the most - not wanting to mess up with paperwork and questions. Oh well, a bit more patience required then.

thanks again

Remember your claim is straightforward and not a complicated legal matter, so do not stress. They are unlikely to contest.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

just print out all bundles there are in the cases libary ( i dont know how to add links here ) make sure you print out stuff to do with disgusing charges from the oft full report p4.21

because the bank did not show all the judge said to me was

has the bank contacted you?

i said no not at all since i made the claim

he ask barrister ( i thnk she was ) should the bank have turned up?

she said yea

he told me i will give you a decree would you like to claim expenses as well?

i said yes

and that was it only took a mere 30 seconds haha

Hi Treetrunk,

I'm in the same place as you (in a couple of respects - claim, location and court date). I've been told a settlement offer is on the way to me - no idea why they chose to settle now as was expecting to go all the way. Good luck to you (and me as I haven't actually received the letter yet). Otherwise, see you in Cardiff on the 14th!

Am sure they will settle before then (apparently 500 cases from all over South Wales have been transferred to Cardiff for that date - I doubt whether any judge would be stupid enough to see in favour of the banks in case we all riot!!)

Hi Treetrunk,

I'm in the same place as you (in a couple of respects - claim, location and court date). I've been told a settlement offer is on the way to me - no idea why they chose to settle now as was expecting to go all the way. Good luck to you (and me as I haven't actually received the letter yet). Otherwise, see you in Cardiff on the 14th!

Am sure they will settle before then (apparently 500 cases from all over South Wales have been transferred to Cardiff for that date - I doubt whether any judge would be stupid enough to see in favour of the banks in case we all riot!!)

Thanks nestie.

one question though, who has, and how have they told you that you are about receive a settlement offer?