• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

egg.**SETTLED UNCONDITIONALLY **

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm just in the middle of a cliam with HSBC, and came across this forum. I have read through the Threads and sent a DPA disclosure through Secure Messaging (SM), here's what I sent:

Please accept this secure message as proof of my Identity, as your whole business is dependant on the security of this website and this messaging service, I would be concerned if you asked me to provide further Identification of myself in any way.

I would like you to consider my following Data Protection Act disclosure request:

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my credit account since its inception. Alternatively, a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I understand there is statutory maximum fee of £10, if you require this payment please feel free to debit my card with this amount only.

You have 40 days from 13/06/2006 in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

Please note that the address on my account is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I require that all correspondence sent is full, complete, accurate and completey legible or I will consider it a breach of this request.

Obviously, it wasn't set out with the paragraph spaces in the SMbeacuse of character constraints, but I thought it would be easier for you to read like it is.

What do you reckon?

We'll see what happens and I'll keep you all posted!!! ;)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep you posted, Egg have sent my a new SM stating they will send me a DPA disclosure form to fill in, should be fun!

I'm a bit confused/concerned now though, because reading through this particular forum, has the OFT ruled that Egg, for some reason are able to charge these amounts?

Please can someone clarify?!

Thanks

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

*bump*

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I was wondering about the Egg charges; the OFT report specifically praised Egg for their approach to charges.

Not sure it changes anything though; if they are unfair, they're unfair and you should be able to claim them back.

Would be interested to see what happens - I've got an Egg card on my list "to do".

Good luck!

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

lol, well i'm gonna get through Egg as ap - just sorted HSBC one out, but they dragging.

Just waiting on Egg's DPA letter form thing then shall send that off!!

Will keep you posted!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Egg sent me a letter asking for the £10 and just to sen ID, no form to fill in.

I'll send the id info they want, so much quicker than arguing over a bank statement!!

Keep you posted.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just to confirm Egg ahve taken my fee and sent me a lette saying they will forward all info on. Can't wait to get all the info I need though. I'm just concerned that they seem to be taking people to court now and also closing the accounts.

I'll keep you informed!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I sent them the ID, because I couldn't be bothered fighting it!!

Anyway, again they said that the 40 days started from the date of the letter. I sent a SM back stating that it starts from when they got my letter, which I had proof of because I sent it recorded, as the paymenjt was included and they had cashed the the cheque.

I got a reply saying that there would be 2.00 pound for making payments by cheque.

Is ent another back saynig that their reply made no sense and didn't relate to my original SM. so, the same person replied, apologising for the error and confirming that I would get my informaiton within 40 from the date his department received the letter.

So, I sent another SM back saying I was surprised that they don't know the DPA and referred them to the its terms, which state that the 40 days start from the date they receive the request AND payment. Since I had proof of these, that would be the date. I also explained that I knew they would send me the info in plenty of time so the deadline date would be irrelavant, but advised them if it's not received within MY timescale then a DPA LBA will be sent to them.

I got a reply from one of the managers saying that all fo her staff were fully trained on the DPA and that she confirmed that I would get all my info within MY timescale, the 40 days starting fromtwhen they received my letter!!!

Just so they know I'm boss!!

Oh, they didn't mention anything about manual intervention, so Is ent them an SM asking for a reply tot hta paragraph.

So, we'll see how/when they reply.

I'll keep you updated.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Ok, so I have read taht Egg are counterclaiming and have mentioned about manual intervention. I have sent them a SM askingfor their reply to this paragraph, only to get a horribly tones one back saying that they do have until August to get my data to me blah blah (total unrealated to my original request)

I have sent them another asking for a reply to it. If I don't get it then I'll send them a letter asking for a reply, like I had to with Co-Op.

They don't like me, because I'm making them admit I am in the right and the information they have been giving me is not!! think they will close my account!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I got a reply fro the alst SM about the manual intervention, which goes like this:

I can confirm that we don't action anything on an account without notes applied to the records.

There has been no manual intervention unless documented in your records.

Sent a reply reminding htem that I have asked fro disclosure of all notes and instances relating to manual interventi on!!

I want to be completly prepared if they want to counterclaim etc!!

This will get interesting!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

How incompetant? I received this SM from Egg in response to the last SM sent them asking them to confirm that they are aware I asked for all notes about me:

I've been informed the department dealing with this request have until 18th August 2006 to issue you with a Data Information Subject Request.

Any further assistance, feel free to contact me.

Regards

So, I sent them this back:

Hi,

Thanks for the information however I am aware of the date and this is the third time I have asked you to confirm information and your reply has had nothing to do with my original request.

My last secure message was this:

Please can you confirm that your DSIR team are aware that I require a copy of all notes relating to manual intervention on my account as well? This was included in my original request.

It mentions nothing about timescales or anything like that, just that I require confirmation that they are aware my request includes all notes and manual interventions.

I am really shocked that this is at least the third time I have asked for something and received an anser from EGG which is completely irrelevant.

Please can you supply me with an answer to my original request, which is in between the lines above. I am confident that the information requested will be sent to me by the 18.08.2006 and this is no longer and issue!!!!

Thanks

I'm so fed up, I have asked them for things and they just ignore me and give me completely wrong answers!!

I don't have it though. I have decided that I am going to write everything on here now for those people that need some confidence. Let me know if you think it would be worth it? At the end of the day, thesee EGG forums don't seem to be watched that much but if people are following my thread then I'll gladly type everything on there to help!!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Update as promised. I just received this SM from egg in response to the manual intervention one I sent above:

I can confirm that all notes relating to manual intervention on your account will be included and sent to you as well.

You'll receive all this information in the correct timescale.

Thanks for your message.

Ah well, no apology for their incompetence or not answering my original questions, but hey - at least I know I'll be getting all info I asked for!!

Hope this helps!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Oh tell me about it - it's funny how they think they know what they are doing though, eh?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Right guys, I received my full information on the last day it was due (oh, please!) and totted it up and they owe me £160.00. so, prelim printed and going monday!! :)

Will keep you informed!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my prelim to Egg yesterday, should get it Tuesday 5th - sent it recorded though, so i'll know. forgot to say charges with regards to overlimit etc, sent the going over overdraft and dd's, lol - nevermind. will see what they say.

I will post their replies

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Oh, don;t you worry - I will keep at it. I've gained so much confidence form this forum and I will not and do not let them get away with treating me like this!!

I will check online delivery checker thing tomorrow to check they've received the letter! I'll keep you posted.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

hehe, thanks Angry cat. I am checking later that it's all been received - will keep this thread up dated every inch of the way!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

OK, well, prelim received by Egg 05/09/06 - clock is ticking. I was thinking though, when is it they counter claim for the balance - once the MCOL has been issued? Does anyone think it's wise to just pay the balance off - take away their counterclaim then, eh? What other things have they been doing as counterclaims/stalling tactics?!

Also, if they want to close it - I'll contest it as it's against the baking code and UTCC!! Hehe, bring it on!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

*bump*

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the deadline for my Prelim is today - preparing LBA to send tomorrow in case their reply is waiting for me when I get in!!

OK, well, prelim received by Egg 05/09/06 - clock is ticking. I was thinking though, when is it they counter claim for the balance - once the MCOL has been issued? Does anyone think it's wise to just pay the balance off - take away their counterclaim then, eh? What other things have they been doing as counterclaims/stalling tactics?!

Also, if they want to close it - I'll contest it as it's against the baking code and UTCC!! Hehe, bring it on!!

Also, any ideas on the above?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

They'll counter-claim after the MCOL bit (otherwise they'd have nothing to counter claim against). As for you're other questions, i'm not sure, sorry

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Submitted MoneyClaim on 30 May.

Acknowledged 7 Jun, 3 Jul deadline for response

Defence filed 4 Jul

Received their copy of AQ 21 July, awaiting court date

*********** SETTLED IN FULL - 17 August *************

Egg Card:

Requested Payment Protection Refund on 20 May,

Sent Data Protection Act request, egg acknowledged,

8 Jul deadline for response.

26 Jul: Sent Prelim Letter

01 Sep: Sent LBA

Citibank:

Not Started

Thanks Laffar - is it usual to not hear anything from them after the prelim?

My charges claims:

Default removals: