BT charge £4.50 for NOT paying by DD?

un1boy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I have just received a BT Bill with a charge for £4.50 apploed because we don't pay by DD (I live in a house share).

Are they allowed to do this? Or, should they have to declare exactly how much it costs them, like tha bank charges?

What should I do?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

I have just recieved the same and i intend to refuse to pay it, i have given bt my bank details and they do not recognise my building society as a valid banking institute. i believe this is purely a penalty charge because we cannot or will not pay in a manner they prefere.

i suggest you write to them explaining that you believe they are penalising you, and that you refuse to pay this and any further penalty charge.

i am also going to add in my letter that if they continue to charge the penalty charge you will write to them each and every time explaining that you will not pay it and any further letters you have to send will also contain a bill from you for your time and postage and make the bill £4.50.

im not sure what the more cleverer people on here will think of that but i am posting my letter to them after work today.

I have just recieved the same and i intend to refuse to pay it, i have given bt my bank details and they do not recognise my building society as a valid banking institute. i believe this is purely a penalty charge because we cannot or will not pay in a manner they prefere.

i suggest you write to them explaining that you believe they are penalising you, and that you refuse to pay this and any further penalty charge.

i am also going to add in my letter that if they continue to charge the penalty charge you will write to them each and every time explaining that you will not pay it and any further letters you have to send will also contain a bill from you for your time and postage and make the bill £4.50.

im not sure what the more cleverer people on here will think of that but i am posting my letter to them after work today.

I agree, I'm going to ask them for a copy of the original terms and conditions to make sure they can just charge it.

I am also going to ask them to diclose to me exactly how much it costs them before I will pay them, I will also charge them £4.50 for the letter.

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• dx100uk changed the title to BT charge £4.50 for NOT paying by DD?