HELP-Im worried sick! Global Debt Recovery LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter 2 weeks ago from Global Debt Recovery LTD saying they have been appointed by FV-1 to administer the account.

Its an old Lloyds TSB account from 10 years ago that they say I owe nearly £4000.

I have not received anything about this ever before, and im not even sure they have the right person or wether its identity fraud. I cant understand where they got my details from!

Anyway, in their letter which arrived last weekend, they wrote.....

"We regret to note that in spite of repeated requests for payment (I have only received one letter!!!), to date no remitance has been made

We now formally demand your immediate settlement.

Should you fail to respond to this demand we reserve the right to litigate as agents without further notice; possibly incurring you in greater expense and recording your default in the County Court."

Now im worried sick! I would be happy to go to court to find out where the hell tthis has come from.

My question is this: Can they just register a debt at a County Court without asking me to be there or informing me of the date before hand?

And, can they start cominig round to my house?

PLEASE help!

First of all take a DEEEEEP breath and relax.

Now from what you are saying this "debt" sounds statute Barred.

When was the last time you aknowledged this "debt"??

If it's OVER 6 years then they CANNOT chase you for any form of payment.

If that is the case just send them a letter explaining this point.

If they continue to try and collect then report them to Trading Standards.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi Bdongler and welcome to the forum.....

Firstly - calm down!! :)

Secondly - print out and send letter N from this link with a £1 postal order - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html if the DCA cant produce a signed copy of the original Consumer Credit Act then they cant enforce the debt at all.

Thirdly - print out and send this with a £10 postal order - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html however, you may need to find out your Lloyds account number as sending this to the DCA would no doubt result in them sending it back to you with no information whatsoever.

If the debt is 10 years old and you havent paid any monies on it or acknowledged the debt in more than 6 years then it is statue barred and they dont have a leg to stand on chasing you for it.....chances are they've bought the debt cheaply and are trying their luck at getting some money out of you.

Stop panicking ;)

To quote Public Enemy.........

"Fight the power, fight the powers that be" :D

Thank you SO MUCH Curly Ben & KeefG!

Ive certainly not had any form of correspondence here at my home address for well over 8 years!

So. Are you saying there is no way that they can register a CCJ at a county court without me knowing?

Thats the bit im worried about as it would mess me up completely. My credit record is great, and I would be back to square one like my student days..........

Nope, they are using their normal scare tactics.

As you haven't heard anything about this in over 8 years, then save you effort and just write back to them telling them that this "debt" is statute barred and as such completely unenforceable.

I'd hold off on the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and CCA as they are unneeded in this case.

Send them Letter M here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Yeah.....what Curlyben said, save your £11 and tell em to do one instead!

Much more satisfying ;)

Thanks Curlyben!!

Will take your advice. Feel so much better.

Can I just ask. What did you mean by acknowledge the debt? You mean pay something or correspond with them?

Although I havent heard anything for over 8 years, what if they were writing to me at a previous address? Does that make a difference?

Regards

None at all, as long as you havent paid anything on the debt or written to them and arranged a payment plan or stated that the debt is yours....then it is statue barred.

Hi hun, please take the advice here. It is so good. I have had exactly the same dealings with the, i sent off the letters etc to them and apart from one letter i have not heard a word since. They are trying it on. But please please do not ring them or speak to them on the phone. Relax and have a good read through the threads on global debt recovery. You are not alone in this. There are many of us. They have been chasing me for a number of years. But now i think i have got rid of them at last. Stick with it and with the fantastic folk on here. xxxxxxxxxx