lesleyawalsh v nationwide

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4843 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi there,

i have posted b4 but can't find it.

i have anm claiming 760 from nationwide + charges ect. put my mcol in on 24th and it was deemed served on the 29th may nw aknowledged on the 04th june which gives them 28 days to file a defence, my query is does the 29th count as the first day and the 28th day the last which would give them until the 25th of june? or do they not which would give them til the 28th? i would appricite any advise.

lesley:???:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

hi there,

i have anm claiming

sorry meant to say i am claiming, i'm not illiterate really!!:roll:

If U make a spelling error when typing...press 'BACKSPACE' + re-type!...;):)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

...put my mcol in on 24th and it was deemed served on the 29th may nw aknowledged on the 04th june which gives them 28 days to file a defence, my query is does the 29th count as the first day and the 28th day the last which would give them until the 25th of june? or do they not which would give them til the 28th? i would appricite any advise.

lesley:???:

The date starts from the date that Nationwide received your Poc (...date deemed served).

Cos Nationwide filed an 'Acknowledgement of Service' within 14 days of that date, they now have a further 14 days to submit a Defence to the Court.

So the 28 days to count, starts from the day after the 'date deemed served'.

The following link (10 pages) explains further...

The defendant disputes all or part of my claim

I wouldn't worry too much about the exact date cos Nationwide recently have become quite frustrating, with Filing their Defence a couple of days AFTER the deadline + have caught one or two Claimants out, who have 'rushed' to File for 'Judgement by Default'.

This impetuosity has, in some Claims, led to further delays in the Claimants receiving their money back from Nationwide...;)

(Jules Winnfield)