Blahblah78

AQ dispensed with - clarification!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4795 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've just received my notification from the court outlining Barclays defense. They have said that the Allocation Questionnaire is not required (at least that's what I understand from the statement "the filing of the AQ to be dispensed with" and I know I'll still have to pay the £100 as my claim is above the £1500 threshold. But, what difference does not having to fill out the AQ mean in terms of the whole strike out thing? Just want to make sure I understand everything!

The courts do tend to be dispensing with the Allocation Questionaires, probably due to the simple reason that they all come back the same and therefore the courts are able to allocate the track required without actually having them.

Just a little less paperwork for them I guess.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Thanks! I guess all I have to do at this stage then, is pay the £100 and wait for the court date, then start preparing the bundle...

The court bundle is required 2 weeks prior to the hearing date, so you're a little way off as yet but deffinately worth being prepared in advance.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Sure, It's all getting a little scary now, so I'll definitely prefer to start preparing sooner rather than later! Thanks for your help!:)

One thing I will state though. With the court bundle you will need 3 copies so it might be worth holding fire on printing it off just yet as there will be a hell of a lot of paper usuage and it may not even get as far as you having to actually submit your bundle.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

True! Here's hoping...

im sure ive given an answer to you reguarding AQ on another thread

Yup on this one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/91368-long-haul.html

Please try to keep to 1 thread only .. its not very helpful to people trying to assist you if your case is spread over multiple threads

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Hi Saintly,

Thanks - yes you're right- I'm just getting the hang of all this thread business!

Hi there,

I have another quick query. I've just phoned the court to confirm that I still have to pay the £100 fee and I was told that the judge may decide to issue an AQ afterall and that I should not do anything until I hear from the court again. What does this mean in terms of sending out the Draft Order for Directions? I was going to send it at the same time as paying my fee. Should I just wait and see if the judge decides to isssue an AQ or just send it anyway? Also, I don't want to mess up my case by not paying the £100 within the 14 days from receiving the initial defense letter. Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I want to ensure I'm doing everything correctly!

Hi, my understanding is you need to wait for the judge to decide, IF he wants to send out an AQ he will & payment will be requested. In my case they haven't & I don't have to pay the fee. If the judge dispenses with the AQ you get a date & directions from him to complete, but you will have to wait 'till he decides.

Andrew

OK, I'll stop getting into a panic! Thanks Andrew