DARLOPONTY1

HELP ADVICE ODD E-MAIL from solicitor

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4784 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Mcol deemed served date 9/5/06

NW defending claim

28 days up 7/7/07.

Right.

Last night thought I'd check thru the FAQ section and found thread re. how some other sites are giving wrong information re MCOL claims. As I had used MSE as my original reference I had a minor panic as I hadn't sent the Court a breakdown of my claim. So being all 21st Century decided to e-mail the docs to Mcol and as a afterthought CC'd the same document to NW solicitors 'cos when I started the ball rolling with NW the kept losing stuff;), and I didn't want the the solicitor turning up to court saying what claim?

Anyway got home tonight after a day down the paper mine, to find an automated email from mcol acknowledging receipt and a further one from Sols stating "regarding your claim, the charges are acceptable. Please don't hesitate etc " !!?

soooo

what do you think

Should I.......

1 Ask them for clarification or

2 Assume someone dropped one, front up and send my terms for full settlement.

3 wait until 7/7/07 or

all three?

Your comments/observations humbly requested:?

I would say that is probably an automatically generated response.

Just carry on with your claim.

If it is anything different then they wll be in touch again.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I would say that is probably an automatically generated response.

Just carry on with your claim.

If it is anything different then they wll be in touch again.

Regards, Rooster.

Thanks Rooster

As usual with Nationwide I'll Carry on Regardless BUT i think I'll try

poking the bear with a stick as well just to see what what they do.

many thanks

Hi all,

Thought it's about time I gave a more comprehensive narative of my struggle against the DARK SIDE.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request 8/3/07-usual NW shenanigins application lost-dog ate it etc received back 22/4/07.

Initial Request 23/4/07 @ £4000 inc interest week later "get stuffed letter"

LBA sent 8/5/07 on schedule...no reply..phoned 14 days after to check receipt said "ooh we've got 40 days from date of receipt"

told 'em "ooo no you dont, see you in court"

Had to wait till payday

MCOL 2/6/07

Deemed Served date 9/6/07

Acknowledged 11/6/07

14 days up 23/6/07 28 days 7/7/07 will run over 10/7/07 cos of weekend.

So just Waiting for their defense or lack of of it now and checking my A/c 4/5 times a day checking for phantom credits.

Go on Nationwide, you know that you want to.

And congrats to all of Leeds Mercantile Court claimants. To be honest when read that so many cases were being booked at the same time I was worried we were gonna have another Hull or Berwick situation. Instead we get the BIGGEST threat to the Bankers yet.:-)

All the best everyone

DP1

Forgot to add NW ceased taking charges from my account since june. Not closed, no theats re debt collectors etc but not technicaly o/d either. I think this may be their normal operating proceedure for disputed accounts. Any comments.

Phantom Corrections Have Started £1427 So Far:d

I am in same position as you bar 3 days. Defence is due 11 July. Unfortunately no phantom payments into my accounts. My claim only just tips over the £700 mark incl Court fee.

yeah same here my defence is due on the 9th and no money for me yet either.

Hi everyone

Looks like NW are paying out. So far today I've recd £1900 into my a/c Only a further £2700 including interest due will keep you all posted. Knowing NW they'll pay only what has been deducted then hold back the rest.

:) Whooo Another 2k:)

Just Waitinig For Costs And Interest Now

Will Recheck My Calculations Tonight:|

Things are looking good for you!!

Congrats Darloponty1, how good does that feel....

Dont forget to fill in the survey & ask a mod to move to settled. All you had to do was ask nicely

:) Nationwide have done it again further £400 added.:) Have emailed NW's solicitor for breakdown of settlement. Have checked my own figures and small discrepancy between claimed and paid. So holding off declaring as settled. Hopefully will be finished by the end of the week. Then we can start on Our credit cards!!

:D:):D

dolly when your payments when into your account did they appear as credits by cash to start with.

As i have had some phantom payments go into my account but all it says is credit by cash at the moment the bank said they wont know where they came from untill tomorrow.

Haybaby,

I think it depends on how the cashier's feeling mine started with 3 corrections

a cash credit, then two more corrections another cash credit then today another four corrections for another £85 thats @ £4400 over three days and still nothing from NW telling me whats going. Still short of @ £300 pounds for charges from after I claimed, hoping they'll stick 'em in to get me off their case. If they dont we can start again. :rolleyes:

See ya

DP1

Hi everyone,

Claimed £4400

Settled £4300

Just glad to say that all the stress is over with now but still haven't received anything from courts or Nationwide to end the action. I'm happy to settle on £4300 'cos I got my calculations slightly wrong and claimed a month too far back.

I'd like to say a big thanks to all the other members and helpers on the thread as without your support, advice, guidance and encouragement I would still be cursing these charges being the bane of my life.

I wish all contributors and readers of the threads all the best and be patient, follow the formula and you WILL get YOUR MONEY back.

:D :D :D :D :D 8-)

Great stuff, glad for you.

If you have charges from prior to 6 years & have the statements to prove it I would now be pursuing those too. I certainly intend to have a go at Barclays for 6 + years once they settle on the last 6 & others are looming in my sights too. It has to be worth the effort.

Andrew