Advice needed concerning Go debt/YCC/DAF

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have been paying Go debt an agreed amount per month for about a year now.

Recently they (Go debt) sent me a letter which basically says they can offer a discount on the outstanding balance by way of a one off payment etc etc and should they not hear from me they may withdraw the offer of instalments and issue proceedings against me for the full balance outstanding.

Today (3.15pm) I receive a phonecall from Go whilst I was at work. The woman DID NOT ask if it was a convenient time to call at the start of the conversation and just carried on talking.

She asked if I was able to get a loan to pay off the outstanding balance and I said I wasnt - even the "last chance - high interest" loan people will not give me a loan, if my credit was any good I wouldnt have gone to YCC to get a car in the first place. Then she asked if and who I have tried for a loan I again I told her that no-one would give me a loan as I had recently tried. She then told me that what people normally do is ask family and friends and (by this time I was rather irate with the woman) I said I am not going to do that at all as they do not have that sort of money.

She then went on about reviewing my finances and I said that I would like to talk to someone about it before it went any further.

I was under the impression (and I might be wrong) is that once a monthly fee has been agreed, that is fee they receive until the full balance has been paid. Could anyone please advise me as to what to do next?

If you would like anymore information then please ask and I will be happy to provide it.

Your help on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Pete

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

***I posted this in wrong section last night, apologies***

Hello

I have been paying Go debt an agreed amount per month for about a year now.

Recently they (Go debt) sent me a letter which basically says they can offer a discount on the outstanding balance by way of a one off payment etc etc and should they not hear from me they may withdraw the offer of instalments and issue proceedings against me for the full balance outstanding.

Today (3.15pm) I receive a phonecall from Go whilst I was at work. The woman DID NOT ask if it was a convenient time to call at the start of the conversation and just carried on talking.

She asked if I was able to get a loan to pay off the outstanding balance and I said I wasnt - even the "last chance - high interest" loan people will not give me a loan, if my credit was any good I wouldnt have gone to YCC to get a car in the first place. Then she asked if and who I have tried for a loan I again I told her that no-one would give me a loan as I had recently tried. She then told me that what people normally do is ask family and friends and (by this time I was rather irate with the woman) I said I am not going to do that at all as they do not have that sort of money.

She then went on about reviewing my finances and I said that I would like to talk to someone about it before it went any further.

I was under the impression (and I might be wrong) is that once a monthly fee has been agreed, that is fee they receive until the full balance has been paid. Could anyone please advise me as to what to do next?

If you would like anymore information then please ask and I will be happy to provide it.

Your help on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Pete

Have you CCA'd them? If not, do so now and see if they can legally enforce the debt.

It was my understanding that if you have an arranged payment plan with a creditor and you make payments on time then they cant change this payment plan just because they feel like it, nor can they pursue you for the full amount. The only way they can change terms is if you miss payments etc.....

Definately CCA them though as soon as possible if you havent already done so!

To quote Public Enemy.........

"Fight the power, fight the powers that be" :D

Send the letter today (with a £1 postal order) and wait for them to call you.

Chances are they wouldnt call until Monday anyway and by then they'll have recieved your CCA request and will view you're account in a different light all of a sudden ;)

To quote Public Enemy.........

"Fight the power, fight the powers that be" :D

• 2 weeks later...

I see this was also posted in the debt forum, and you seem to be getting help there. Good luck.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Is there any information in there which explains why they seem to be looking for settlement? This seems odd if you've kept your payments up to date, although I'm not familiar with this company, except by reputation!

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Is it definatly a CCA and not just an application ? If your unsure Scan it, blank out personal details and post it here for the experts to check over.

It sounds a bit strange that you have kept up the repayments and now they offer a settlement figure. Almost as if they have made there money back and want rid of it asap for some reason.

It is my prediction that we will see a lot more settlement offers in the future as people get wiser to there rights and it gets harder for these companys to collect they might start off loading all the debts they have at least made there money back on before its to late and joe public gets wise.

Caro.......

No, there is no information at all as to why they are looking for a settlement. They (Godebt) keep sending me the same letter every so often and as I explained to them every time they ring me that there is no way i can get a loan to pay off either the full amount or the discounted amount but yet they keep ringing and they keep asking.

ashmk.....

I will have to scan and post the document sent tomorrow as I dont have a scanner at home.

When I was paying yes car credit their monthly payments it was going ok at first and then the car went wrong and that had to be sorted so of course yes didnt get all the monthly repayment money. Then because of my situation (and so many other people who have been with yes car) other problems occur and then they are hassling you for not only money you owed but the current monthly repayments (which are very high). So then the debts build up etc etc so now I am not paying as much to Godebt as i was to yes car due to the debt problems etc that occured when i had the car.

Sorry to babble on guys and thank you for your help - I will post the scan on here tomorrow at some point.

The problem is probably that you haven't kept up to date with the payments then. Is the CCA they sent you one that you have signed yourself?

I've been having a bit of a scout round the site and found this which may be of some interest to you. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/66627-go-debt.html?highlight=yescarcredit

I'll see if I can find you someone with more knowledge of this crew than me.

is it possible to get a scanned copy of the cca (without your personal details) on here?

many of the old YCC agreements were drawn up incorrectly, it could well be that it is unenforceable.

Please post it up if you can :)

Hello sequenci

If they are too small at home I can email them to you.

I have just checked the form and from the looks of it I did take the payment protection insurance.

i didn't get home 'till late last night, i'll have a butchers when i get in this evening and report back.

• 11 months later...

Hello i need help i am being chased by GO Debt for a car that i purchased through yes car credit in 2004. After making about a years worth of payments i returned the car as i could not afford the payments. I heard nothing until early May. Since then i have had letters threatening bancruptcy and worse telephone calls at work threatening the same. I did intially make an offer of £150.00 a month but this has been refused. Although they have said if i pay a lump sum they might consder a payment plan then. I have told them that i cannot make a lump sum payment the only response i got was take a loan out. Can some plaese hep with advice or what to do.

I see you're getting help on your own thread with this. Best to avoid duplicate posts.;)

• 1 year later...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/100160-advice-needed-concerning-go.html

image 2 picture by petec2006 - Photobucket

image 1 picture by petec2006 - Photobucket

Hello

Could anyone help me with a problem with Go Debt please.

I have looked at a few forums on this site and also car credits complaints forums and I believe I might have an issue regarding PPI and the legality of my original credit agreement.

Is it possible for someone to look at the attachment and advise me of what to do next please. I have attached the files if someone would be so kind as to look.

Many thanks.