On this day in history...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...happy birthday to Prince William...25 today...:cool:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Nice present hey,

From today the prince can access his inheritance from Diana's estate, pushing his bank balance up by a whopping £6.5m.

Now what did I get when I was 25, eh, I know, a overdraft !!!!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

History? Pur-lease... :rolleyes:

This is history:

On this day:

1498: Jews are expelled from Nurenberg Bavaria by Emperor Maximillian

1633:Galileo Galilei is forced by Inquisition to "abjure, curse, & detest" his Copernican heliocentric views

1942:Rommel takes Tobruk in North Africa

1945: US troops take Okinawa

1990:25,000 die in Iranian Earthquake

Perspective, my friend, perspective. ;-)

Ha, I like a challenge,

1813: Peninsular War ends

A massive allied force under British General Arthur Wellesley routs the French at Vitoria, Spain, effectively ending the Peninsula War. French Emperor Napoleon invaded Spain in 1808, and forced the Spanish king to abdicate in favor of his brother, Joseph Bonaparte. The Spanish revolted but were brutally suppressed by Joachim Murat. Wellesley, later the Duke of Wellington, recaptured Portugal in 1809, but Spain proved more elusive. In a long series of seesaw campaigns between the French and British, the British were aided by small bands of Spanish irregulars, known as guerrillas. In 1813, the Iberian Peninsula was finally liberated, and Wellesley launched an invasion of France.

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

2004 - First privately funded manned space flight!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

....so we all know about Wikipedia then? ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Mine came from 'Google' Bookie, LoL

and Dave, if you can't eat a Spice girl, you can always have a good 'Wiki' :p

&

....so we all know about Wikipedia then? ;-)
LOL - I was going to trawl for all the French military defeats...I think there are four on this day alone...but "shhh...you know who" would edit my posts as being xenophobic...

Hmmm...anything else happen on this day in history...well, last year Pluto's two moons were officially christened Nix and Hydra...although who dripped the water on their foreheads I cannot guess...and now that Pluto is no longer a planet I suppose Nix and Hydra are orphans...

That was June 21 2006...:-o

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

And there's more,

The musical 'Evita' opens in London.

Brazil become football World Cup winners for the third time.

British golfer Tony Jacklin becomes the first Englishman to win the US Open Championship for more than 50 years.

In Britain, BBC TV broadcasts 'Royal Family' - a documentary going behind the public facade of the British Royal Family. This was the first time anyone had seen Queen Elizabeth II, husband the Duke of Edinburgh and their children other than on official engagements.

Murder of American civil rights activists Andrew Goodman, 20; James Chaney, 21 and Michael Schwerner, 21.

Last day in office of the FIFA President Jules Rimet - who gave his name to the trophy awarded to football's World Cup winners - a competition introduced while he was running world football.

Dr Peter Goldmark of Columbia Records unveils the first successfully-produced microgrove (long playing) records.

&

On This Day Today, 1988.

I was pacing the wards of 'High Wycombe' Hospital, awaiting the arrival of my son, Nicholas. Happy Birthday Nick. 10lbs 7ozs, He is now 19 years old, and at 6' 10'' and I don't tell him what to do anymore !!!!

&

Today is another day !!!!!

June 22nd in History

1910: First passengers carried on the Zeppelin airship

1940: French sign armistice with Germans at Compiegne

1941: Battle of Britain - the RAF shoots down 26 Nazi planes during the day

1978: Pluto's moon, Charon, discovered by James Christy

1980: USSR begins removing troops from Afghanistan

1990: Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin officially removed

&

On this day in 6459 BC, the English Channel was formed.

On this day in 83000 BC, an ice age dramatically altered the environment causing massive changes to the migration of animals and man.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Barracad wins......:D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Barracad wins......:D :D
Not necessarily...can he prove it actualy happened on this day...after all, 85,007 years ago they didn't have the Gregorian Calendar, and were completely unaware of the extra quarter of a day each year, and hence leap years.

I suggest that Barra is put to strict proof of his reponse before the winner is decided...even though this isn't a competition...

You got there before I did, Boney.

I'd also add that an "age" that lasted only one day to produce all this palaver as described seems semantically and linguistically doubtful. :-D

In my haste and eagerness to quetion his assertions I neglected to mention that last bit...and age is certainly longer than a day...

• 1 year later...

24th July, 8034 BC

Glaciers form the rock formation in present-day New Hampshire, USA formerly known as the "Old Man of the Mountain."

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.