Banks Rely On Despicable Practices To Frighten

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there. I am fairly new to the site, and am now in the process of taking over the action against three banks to recover penalty charges for my daughters. I have watched over many months as the banks have gradually ground down my daughters' resolve, and made them so stressed that they have actually become unwell.

I am currently sorting out all the correspondence to these banks, and preparing for ANY eventuality which may come along. This has been dragging on since the beginning of the year, and the banks have engaged in EVERY kind of delay, and underhanded tactic in the book ( or should I say....CERTAINLY NOT IN THE BOOK ). When challenged about their inactivity they send letters saying that they have written repeatedly and received no response....so therefore cannot procede with matters. As if people would embark upon this ordeal....and then not respond to letter from the banks!!!

You name it...they've done it. How the particular bank staff who are dealing with these matters can sleep at night I will never know.

I hope that as the cases progress I can call upon others with more knowledge and experience to advise me.

I am indeed DETERMINED that these white collar rouges will not frighten my daughters out of proceding with their very justified claims.

Regards,

DETERMINED

By the way, what is the point of the Data Protection Act, when the banks ignore it with impunity? :-x

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You have come to the right place to get help and support. Do take a look around the FAQ and read all you can to arm yourself with as much knoledge as you can.

What bank are you with and I can point you in the right direction.

Then start your own threads here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/

here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/

and here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/

You will find lots of help and support there from people in the same boat as you.

Good luck with your claim.

Hi Determination -- the very best of luck to you on claiming on behalf of your daughters. If you need any help just post a message and someone will be along to answer your question.

Read as many threads as you can in your bank's forum so you know what to expect from abbey. We're all with you all the way!!!

Best wishes.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek: