Really big pet hate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm getting very frustrated with people hijacking threads to ask questions about their own cases....it is really really annoying....either your reading through some case that is relevent to you and you end up ploughing through pages and pages of some other completely unrelated problem or someone randomly plants a question on your thread and when you think there is something useful to go and read you end up answering someones question...so as not to be rude.

Believe me I really really don't mind helping people but it is very frustrating that people are not reading the FAQ's and understanding them and just plonking a query into some random thread because its easier and someone else will do all the work for them....

No wonder cases are being thrown out and people losing cases.....jeez...

OK rant over

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

....I know exactly what you mean...anyway, did anyone see the cricket?

;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

my bike i bought it with the last payout

I'm getting very frustrated with people hijacking threads to ask questions about their own cases....it is really really annoying....either your reading through some case that is relevent to you and you end up ploughing through pages and pages of some other completely unrelated problem or someone randomly plants a question on your thread and when you think there is something useful to go and read you end up answering someones question...so as not to be rude.

Maybe when you sign on to the forum - you should have to sign the CAG constitution with hand held high - I PROMISE to read all FAQ-not to HIJACK threads-be polite to people at all times -etc.etc and not be allowed on unless I PROMISE to do the above -:D

my pet hate is i have tried to do the above but still can not do some things like put an angry face or question mark by my post!!!or link back to interesting threads! I have looked honestly - it is a big site - I am not completely computer illiterate -but not a silver surfer yet - BUT I FEEL THICK!:oops: jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

my pet hate is i have tried to do the above but still can not do some things like put an angry face or question mark by my post!!!or link back to interesting threads!

In the "reply" box, look at the bar above it, and look for this : smilie.gifmenupop.gif, if you click on it, it will show you the smilies, etc... to add to your sentences.

To paste links, open a 2nd window, go to the thread you want to copy, highlight it in the browser window, where it says http://www.consumeractiongroup......, and either right click copy, right click paste, or Ctrl C + Ctrl V (same thing) the link back into the post you want to list it in. Ta-DAH!

If you want to fancy things up, type something like: Look HERE. Highlight the word HERE, and click on the

createlink.gif

image. That opens the hyperlink window, you can paste your link (as in previous step) in there, and it will then look like THIS , but when people click on it, it will taske them to the thread you wanted to link.

I have hyperlinked this for you as an example:

EBAY

click on it, and see what I mean.

If you want to link only a post and not a whole thread, click on the #number, on the right hand side of the post, this will open a single post, which you can then highlight and copy/paste like I told you to do higher up.

Practice and have fun. Welcome to cyberworld. :-D

I got really upset when someone kept refering to forums (plural) as 'fora', as in I'm subscribed to lots of fora). I know it may be technically correct, but for some reason it caused me to develop an irrational hatred of the person. I couldn't sleep for days, and actually considered hunting him/her down and having them deported. :(

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

but for some reason it caused me to develop an irrational hatred of the person. I couldn't sleep for days, and actually considered hunting him/her down and having them deported
LOL - deported to where...?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I got really upset when someone kept refering to forums (plural) as 'fora', as in I'm subscribed to lots of fora). I know it may be technically correct
Thinking about this again, both forms are correct: both fora and forums are plurals of forum...

As this person was just trying to be a clever arse you had every right to be furious...no-one likes a smartarse, as Bookie will no doubt be along to agree with shortly...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Who's Shortly? :razz:
...by demonstrating that smartarses still exist...(ducks for cover...ooops, I think we did this one before...ducks are not a very good form of cover...perhaps I'd better get down off the duck...)

I'm getting very frustrated with people hijacking threads to ask questions about their own cases....it is really really annoying....either your reading through some case that is relevent to you and you end up ploughing through pages and pages of some other completely unrelated problem or someone randomly plants a question on your thread
I'm new here, and you have a point - as a new member it is very difficult to follow what is going on in a thread when there are random comments and questions. :|

perhaps I'd better get down off the duck...)

Which, in timely fashion, reminds me of the joke told today by my daughter:

Q: Why did the pervert cross the road?

A: Cos he got his d*** stuck in the chicken.

(I blame her father, whoever he may be. :razz:)

(I blame her father, whoever he may be.)
You have no idea how that sounds...:o

Honestly, after all this time, you still don't know me at all!!!
That is a matter of personal choice, not circumstance...:rolleyes: