Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • best bet is ask him for the error code.   dx
    • As l thought.    Sorry only following as l am trying to help neighbours sons with a first car. So info getting as much as possible. 
    • Hi CAG team,   I have been really messed around with the conservatory company called Frames and Conservatories, based in Bury St. Edmunds.   Back in June a representative came to my home and went through the final designs and confirmed to me that the start date would be middle of September and would take approx 2 weeks to complete.   Few days later I received an email to confirm the design and quotation for works.   I accepted the design and signed the electronic documents by email.    on 20th July, I signed the final electronic documents and on 26th July I received my order number.   On 18th August, Frames Conservatory surveyor performed the survey.   On 25th August, I received an invoice for "professional fees" £700, which I paid the following day.   On 1st September,  I received an email from the installation department stating, “The manufacturers have advised that it is not possible to have the large window as requested due to the side bottom opening windows being oversized. As discussed, there are a couple of alternatives which we could offer you and I have attached a brief drawing to enable you to understand what I was trying to verbally explain to you.”   The same day, I replied by email, accepting what the manufactures advise and went through the options suggested and picked one.  I also expressed my serious concerns about the weather due to the delay of the work process.  I also expressed concern regarding the appropriate insulation of our property during rain.  I said I am worried about potential damp issues.  I asked them to take my concerns seriously before works start as to avoid potential future disappointments.  On 4th September, I received updated drawings with the new window design and new electronic documents to sign.  I signed the documents the same day.   Since signing the documents no one from the company has contacted me.  I called and left several messages requesting that someone please call me back.   They never gave an guaranteed start date in September,  but the middle of September came and went and my efforts to get in touch were ignored.   On 14 October I managed to speak to the manager to complain about the delays and I was promised that the builders will come on (today) 18/10/21 at 08:00.   I took a few days of annual leave so that I am present for the 18th and the next few days to assist the builders but no one showed.   When I called the company office, they did not know why the builders had not arrived.  The manager said he would investigate and call me back.  I told the manager that I was not happy with the service I am receiving and that I no longer wish to proceed and that I want my money back.  The manager promised that someone will call me shortly.   After another conversation with the installation manager, I was promised that the builders will come on 20 October (Wednesday) Builder will finish in a week time and that the company will start the windows and the frames on Monday 01/11/2021. Estimated finish time 15/11/2021 (the earliest) or 26/11/2021 (the latest).    I also asked about the protection of the wooden floor. He told me that they are planning to cover that with plastic membrane and not a roof (I have to pay extra).  Of course he cannot guarantee for wall and floor humidity or further damage due to wet weather and the rain.    I don't want them to start on Wednesday - I have asked to cancel the contract but they are not listening.  They are just not listening to me at all. What else can I say to them?   As always, thanks so much for your help!                      
    • Hi Swales and welcome to CAG   Bannatynes tell users they require 3 months notice to leave but we always tell folk to challenge/ignore this.   I doubt you're bound to Bannatynes by vitue of the Virgin agreement.   Do as DX says - printed letter addressed to the Gym Manager :-   Dear sir or madam,   This is 30 days notice that I am cancelling my gym membership.   I will allow 1 final payment to be taken by DD, after which I will tell the bank to cancel the DD mandate.   Yours faithfully,   If they say you have to give 3 months notice, don't even bother arguing with gym staff.   Let us know if you get any demands from the gym or maybe ARC (their admin company).
    • Okay well I'm still not really following it.....as long as the second claim has a different claim number.   So first claim, number xxxxxxxxx was issued 08/03/2017  and the defence you are submitting now is claim number xxxxxxx issued on 09/11/20 ?
  • Our picks

jenny5969


jenny5969
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Jen V A&L

A&L = 1054.54 offered £175 - I declined (awaiting court date)

(A&L credit card) MBNA = Approx. £500 + %

A&L joint a/c almost forgotten as I closed it!! = Need S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s

Hi

I have been up until now using the money saving expert but kept being referred to this site Which May I say is EXCELLENT, I have found lots of helpful advice & info. ;)

:? :?

But I am having some problems. Does anyone no how to actually use the template letter's??? downloading seemed much easier on the other site. probably just me though. I am getting a little nervous as Court is nearing and I am trying to get all of my stuff in order, thanks to a few ppl on this site I have now managed to retrieve a court bundle for this claim, but I am proceeding to the 1st and 2nd stage of my other claims and wanted to use these templates as they seem to be recently updated and of better wording.

 

Many thanks

 

Jen

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Okay heres where I am at now..........

 

A&L have until tomorrow to defend8) so fingers & toes crossed, that it slips threw unnoticed. Its been a long wait & a lotta hard work so hopefully it pays off.

I have also recieved an offer of £212 from MBNA which I am thinking of accepting as the total charges where £420 originally. This seems to be a pretty fair 1st offer.

Good luck to all in their quest.

 

Jen

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

9th August 07

DECREE FOR ASSESSMENT IN SMALL CLAIM ACTION - - -

I won on the grounds of no notice of dispute and/or counterclaim having been received from the respondent an amount to be assessed by the district judge

22 August 07

got court date for Oct 07

31st August 07

Got a letter from the courts stating that the district judge has directed all bank cases be stayed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10th Sept 07

Another letter from the court this time;

 

Please take notice that an applicationhas been received from A&L to set aside the decree made on 9th August 07

 

If you wish to reply to this application, you must do so within 14 days

You should attend Court if you are the party making the application or if you object to it. Should the district judge set aside the Decree you need to be prepared for the hearing.

I sent a letter to the Courts objecting to this application but i am concerned they never received it??

and as a result of this

The Default Decree has been set aside by the district judge. I did not attend the hearing as my grandfather was taken into hospital, and I had to accompany him.

I will copy and paste the letter I am going to send to their solicitor.

I would appreciate feedback on weather or not this is acceptable.?? pls read letter 1st

Can I apply for the judge to reinstate the Decree on the grounds of A&L solicitor giving her false information???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Madam,

Re: Jen V A&L

With reference to your most recent correspondence dated yesterday I would like to advise you that I did try to use the address that I was in correspondence with in England (Bootle, Merseyside) but as this was not within My jurisdiction, and on seeking advice from Maria Boyle thee Listing Officer for small claims. We decided that by trying to use the Narborough, Leicester address that it would only further delay this case. As I am a Northern Ireland resident I can only serve papers to a Northern Ireland address under Court rules, the address you request that I use is in England.

Your clients had ample time to respond and they failed to do so, they are now making pitiful excuses with regard to the address of which the papers were served in an attempt to delay the case further. I have no doubts in my head that all banking staff in the country have been briefed on the recent goings on with the OFT, furthermore on how to handle customer enquiries. I therefore fail to understand how it could be possible for your client to be unaware of the application in question. Does your client use fax machines? telephones?

I put it to you that it is your clients own responsibility to ensure that such important documents served by a court should be passed on to a relevant member of staff, one that has preferably been appointed to deal with Unfair Bank charges.

I know that this is the case as I have made enquiries via telephone and been asked to hold until they get someone that has been appointed to deal with this specific matter.

How/Why did the management of the branch that the papers were served fail to act on them?? Surely they are aware of the importance of Court documents needing dealt with. These documents should have been faxed to the registered branch in Leicester on delivery from the courts and further more forwarded to you. I can not be held accountable for your client’s actions.

When you last wrote to inform me that you are now acting on behalf of your client you could have advised me that I needed to change corresponding addresses as you surely possess copies of both parties correspondence to date. Both you and your client failed to pass this information on to me. I feel this is just another delay tactic from Alliance & Leicester.

I filed this case with the NI Courts on 12th June 2007. I also forwarded a detailed letter of my intentions on doing so to your clients the day before this and they responded to me with a copy of the first “standard” letter that I received from them in April 2007, was this mistake on their part? if not I ask you to explain how did they address my letter?? I put it to you that your clients are struggling to cope with such a high volume of complaints that they are not addressing each case as individual.

They send the same “standard” letters to hundreds of people per day. It is an insult especially when I consider the amount of time I have had to dedicate to get myself this far, unlike you who is being paid for what you are doing.

I will be seeking advice from legal representation on how to have the Decree reinstated in light of the fact that her Honour Judge Collins only acceded to your application under false information from you. I will also be applying for the stay to be removed on the grounds of financial hardship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...