Halifax mortgage arrears - legal charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have already posted this to the Halifax bank charges forum but was advised to try here instead...... I am wondering whether anyone has any advice regarding charges that have been added onto a secured loan that I have with Halifax. About a year or do ago, I got into arrears and the account was passed to a company called Walker Morris. It went to to court and the judgement was suspended as long as I kept up overpayments which I have. However, I now moving house and when I asked Halifax for a settlement figure it was way more (about £1000 more than I expected). When I queried it I was told that legal charges had been added to my account. Whilst I am not disputing these charges at the moment, what I am disputing is that I am sure that I was never told how much the legal charges were going to be. I know that the original loan agreement has wording along the lines of "you pay the costs" but is it the case that the lender is not obligated to confirm those costs in writing as and when they occur. I have had statements from Halifax since but they just give an outstanding balance figure, rather than a breakdown of transactions in and out of the account which is why I hadn't picked up on this earlier. Any advice appreciated.

Do you have the paperwork for your mortgage? It should tell you exactly about how and when any legal charges would be added.

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

I have already posted this to the Halifax bank charges forum but was advised to try here instead...... I am wondering whether anyone has any advice regarding charges that have been added onto a secured loan that I have with Halifax. About a year or do ago, I got into arrears and the account was passed to a company called Walker Morris. It went to to court and the judgement was suspended as long as I kept up overpayments which I have. However, I now moving house and when I asked Halifax for a settlement figure it was way more (about £1000 more than I expected). When I queried it I was told that legal charges had been added to my account. Whilst I am not disputing these charges at the moment, what I am disputing is that I am sure that I was never told how much the legal charges were going to be. I know that the original loan agreement has wording along the lines of "you pay the costs" but is it the case that the lender is not obligated to confirm those costs in writing as and when they occur. I have had statements from Halifax since but they just give an outstanding balance figure, rather than a breakdown of transactions in and out of the account which is why I hadn't picked up on this earlier. Any advice appreciated.

Hello,

Write to them and ask them for a breakdown of their charges and ask them under what contractual term they can apply them, for starters. See what they come up with. I would certainly be questioning anything that seemed like a penality charge:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Send them a SAR request and then they should supply you with all information on your account (including any penalty charges)

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies