paid referral fees?

fishyola
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi chris,

No probs,

yes, I was slapped silly when I went from student to graduate, and then worse, when I went from grad to current!

You can claim ANY charge that is a paid referall - no matter what the amount. All of my grad ones were £10 - I even had a £5 student one! - and then they rose to £25, then £30, with a couple for bounced cheques as much as £35!

Just work through the process on this site and you'll be fine! Make sure you use the spreadsheets available on this site, as they auto-update the court allowed interest, and consider if you want to claim interest back also.

By this I mean you can claim back the portion of the monthly account O/D interest that makes up the eg £8.98 interest relating to that charge - this is usually about a pound or so, but over 50 charges is another £50! This is the extended spreadsheet - the simple does the basic court allowed 8%.

Anyway, hope that helps, I'll post this on your thread as well as people learn by reading peoples' threads generally!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

thanks pj.

what stage are you at with your claim at the moment?

i have already received my past 6 yrs statements and have totalled up my paid referral charges to be 700pounds but this is only up until the middle of april when i made my call to the bank so i need to add on the charges from april up until now. My average charges seem to be around 30 pounds per month.

do you know of many cases where Barclays have asked people to pay off their full overdraft as a result of making a claim as my overdraft is 2500 and i wouldnt be able to pay it off if that was the end result??

This is important - mostly they will take the money and pay off what you owe, so you'll prob get about £1k after court allowed costs etc, this will mean you have a £1500 OD left.

They could - although it wouldn't be worded in this way - close your account at that stage, and ask for that money back, if they did they would say that you and Barclays have lost the trust of one another, and it would be best for you to both part company at this point. They would then ask for the money, you wouldn't pay, and then they would sell your debt to a Debt collection company, and you'd pay them off monthly.

That is worst case though, and I haven't heard much of Barclays doing that. In the meantime (up until you file at court) you can keep adding new charges to your spreadsheet (remember to save those statements though!)

You could also open a new bank account, a parachute account as people call it on here. You may even be able to get the £1500 transfered as an OD to your new account...although it's worth trying to pay that off so you don't get in the same spot again at your new bank!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

just a another quick question. ive got my spreadsheet of charges completed now and i am just personalising my letter, just wondering what Barclays address i need to send it to? is it:

BARCLAYS BANK PLC

1 CHURCHILL PLACE

LONDON

E14 5HP?????

You now have 5 threads asking the same question PLEASE stick to just one ... there is a reply button on this thread please use it .

Anyone trying to follow your claim to help you will be totally lost