petedoyle vs capital one

petedoyle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi folkes, i sent off my claim to cap one a few weeks ago with SAR, the charges only amoutn to £243.00, i have requested they pay me back in full, sent them the LBA and they sent me back a letter saying they are refunding me £80 to my account (whihc i would see on my next statement) and that the remainder of the fees they have reduced from £20 to £12 to come in line with everyone else...blah blah.

i sent them back a 2nd letter sayign i would accept the £80 as part payment of the £243, they then sent back a letter sayign it was their ful and final offer and they are not prepared to increase it!!

1. i think its a bit cheeky them refunding me withought consulting me and just goign ahead with it??

2. also the drop in charges from £20-12...whats that about?

3.is it worth me carryign on my MCOL???

i have done other claims for larger amounts, but dont know if i should pursue this claim? any advice or people have something similar happen to them with capital one?

also my wife has store cards with BHS/HOF - both go through GE Money - can she claim the late charges for that too?

btw - i am keeping up my repayments and in fact the card has a £00.00 balanace at present - im all paid up! :)

HSBC BANK

** DECEMBER 2006 - RECEIVED CHEQUE FOR FULL AMOUNT!!!! ** £5967.00:)

LLOYDS TSB

**JANUARY 2007- RECEIVED CHEQUE FOR FULL AMOUNT!!!! ** £1340:)

HSBC BANK - Managed Loan/Interest

still chasing, have submiited claim thru MCOl - date sent to my local court - claim is going ahead Jan 29th 2008 :(

CURRENTLY CHASING

NATIONWIDE (WIFES ACCOUNT)

HSBC (managed loan)

others won:

CAPITAL ONE C/CARD (mine & wifes), :)

BOXCLEVER TV RENTAL, BHS STORECARD, BLACKHORSE FINANCE,HSBC PPI INSURANCE FOR SBL, PPI INSURNACE FO LLOYDS TSB LOAN,

hi folkes, i sent off my claim to cap one a few weeks ago with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), the charges only amoutn to £243.00, i have requested they pay me back in full, sent them the LBA and they sent me back a letter saying they are refunding me £80 to my account (whihc i would see on my next statement) and that the remainder of the fees they have reduced from £20 to £12 to come in line with everyone else...blah blah.

i sent them back a 2nd letter sayign i would accept the £80 as part payment of the £243, they then sent back a letter sayign it was their ful and final offer and they are not prepared to increase it!!

1. i think its a bit cheeky them refunding me withought consulting me and just goign ahead with it??

2. also the drop in charges from £20-12...whats that about?

3.is it worth me carryign on my MCOL???

i have done other claims for larger amounts, but dont know if i should pursue this claim? any advice or people have something similar happen to them with capital one?

also my wife has store cards with BHS/HOF - both go through GE Money - can she claim the late charges for that too?

btw - i am keeping up my repayments and in fact the card has a £00.00 balanace at present - im all paid up! :)

Hi petedoyle check your card if they have not put money in then just go on with claim as is, if they have put money in then I think you will have to amend claim.

I am sure if I am wrong you will get further posts

I have just filed my N1 Monday after I got the same letter £269 on £1600 claim. I sent will accept as partial payment got the same will not increase offer so I took that as they wont and carried on.

all the best dpick:p

thanks mate, got a letter on saturday sayin this is the full and final offer and they wont be refunding any more money. it also signs off saying:

'financial regualtions require me to advise you that this is my final repsonse in relation to this matter, however you know have the option to contact the FO Service within 6 months form the date of this letter'.

is this their way of fobbing me off? so shall i go ahead and try to claw back the other £163.

is there a chance they will close my card down after this - has anyone else had this happen to them?

HSBC BANK

LLOYDS TSB

still chasing, have submiited claim thru MCOl - date sent to my local court - claim is going ahead Jan 29th 2008 :(

CURRENTLY CHASING

HSBC (managed loan)

others won:

BOXCLEVER TV RENTAL, BHS STORECARD, BLACKHORSE FINANCE,HSBC PPI INSURANCE FOR SBL, PPI INSURNACE FO LLOYDS TSB LOAN,

Petedoyle

They just cleared my account over 900 quid and sent me a cheque for the £100 which was over the top, they still owe me 94 quid ( I paid for £50 June & additional interest) so I wrote and said if they don't pay it I will continue the claim :D

So stick with it. They made me 3 offers all of which were full and final, until they put in their defence!!!:rolleyes: So they DO PAY and they haven't closed the account, the letter just says that they will charge £12 in future for late payments, and if I don't like it. perhaps I should close the account

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

just gone on line to check my last payment was recived and my accoutn log in detials wont/dont work - does this mean theyve stopped my card? i might go and buy some petrol at lunchtime and see if it works then...anyone else had their account on line detials frozen?

HSBC BANK

LLOYDS TSB

CURRENTLY CHASING

HSBC (managed loan)

others won:

just gone on line to check my last payment was recived and my accoutn log in detials wont/dont work - does this mean theyve stopped my card? i might go and buy some petrol at lunchtime and see if it works then...anyone else had their account on line detials frozen?

Hi petedoyle they stopped my on-line access when I rang they said was because I was in arrears (this was at same time I sent prelim letter 7 weeks ago) I have been in arrears for over 18 months. I would say this is due to claiming charges so make sure you have cash just in case its more than just stopping access on-line.

all the best dpick:oops:

well i seem to be bale to draw out cash from the cash machine?? and i have used it to buy fuel too. also they have now acknowledged my claim...which im lookign forward to recieving the rest of money on :)

HSBC BANK

LLOYDS TSB

CURRENTLY CHASING

HSBC (managed loan)

others won:

well i seem to be bale to draw out cash from the cash machine?? and i have used it to buy fuel too. also they have now acknowledged my claim...which im lookign forward to recieving the rest of money on :)

Hi pete they paid me on Friday 7th of July they did not acknowledge just wrote to court they had paid in full. I was not able to check card then to see if paid checked Monday now balance = £373 they paid. In formed court paid in full claim satisfied.. So just stick to it they will pay.

I forgot I am now going after them for PPI poor dears.

dpick:)

• 5 weeks later...

yep they did a simialr trick to me, wrote to court told them theyd paid then sent me the letter sayign could i drop the case and they were makign the rfund in full - which they did. i just have to put an MCOL for my wifes claim now. seems theyre a bit sticky at first, once they see youve entered a claim on line they pay up. nice.

HSBC BANK

LLOYDS TSB

CURRENTLY CHASING

HSBC (managed loan)

others won: