ScarlettGirl v HSBC Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there!

I've had a good look around the FAQs and forum rules, and I don't think I'll be asking silly questions that I can find the answer to myself! Well, I hope not anyway.

There is one thing I need to know though. I am going to be sending the DPA letter for both my current account and my credit card. My credit card currently has nothing on it, but I know that I've had charges in the past.

I can't find the address to send the letter for the credit card statements though, has anyone got it? I've found the HSBC Canada Square one, but I have a feeling that this is only for the current account, is this correct?

By the way, this is an excellent site! I feel a lot more confident that we will win!

Hi Scarlett,

Well done for reading the FAQ's and rules. Something that many seem to skip.

To be honest, I think any registered address will do. If you can, send it registered or special delivery so you can prove receipt. If you can't afford it then get a free certificate of posting to at least prove it was sent.

Good luck

OC

Thank you overcharged_consumer. I went into the local HSBC today and said that I had mislaid my credit card statements and could I have an address to write to, to request copies. They tried to fob me off with a number, but I'm deaf so the phone is useless to me! The address is:

10th Floor

Chartwell House

365 Chartwell Square

Southend on Sea

SS99 2UU

Has anyone come across this address before? Was it useful? Should I put it in the direct contacts thread? Or do I have to PM someone with it? I've read so much over the last few days on my other half's ID (I took a leap and registered myself today) and I think I'm forgetting a couple of things now!

I'm sure I read in a thread someone reccommending someone else to find the info on the schedule of charges here. I can't find anything though, and I'm about to send the preliminary letter, so I need to know what it is I'm supposed to send.

Please help :-)

PLEASE STAY ON YOUR THREAD WHEN ASKING QUESTIONS, POSTING UPDATES THANKS. THREADS MERGED.

Hi,

I am sure that I have seen in another thread somewhere, someone referring to some information on how to do a schedule of charges? Is this right? I've have a good hunt around, but I can't seem to find anything?

Can anyone help me? I'm about to send my preliminary letter, and I'd love to get it posted today if it is not too difficult to complete!

You can send your prelim without a Schedule of Charges... the prelim only need state the total amount claimed.

However, "Schedule" in this context simply means "list". You'll need to produce this list either after you use the moneyclaim website to file your claim in court, (send it to the court by post) or at the time you file your claim in person at your local courthouse.

It should look something like this (the dots are to orrectly space it on the forum; they don't need to be there):

Account Number............Date of Charge.............Description...........Amount

7103594.........................30th June 2001 ............ Overdraft Fee ........£30.00

etc etc etc.

Thank you! I'm sure it said that you must send a schedule of charges with the letter in the bank templates library? :confused:

What would the charge be called if it was for exceeding your overdraft limit? You know, there's one thing I can't understand about the charges with HSBC. Sometimes it's £27.50, sometimes, £10.00, sometimes £36.00, and even one which says it's a 'Total Charges' £40.00. They are all for exceeding my overdraft, apart from two charges in 2001, £7.50 each for a cheque bouncing, can I claim these back? I assume that these would need a different description from 'overdraft fee'?

Claim them all abck, just make sure you don't duplicate any.

As far as naming them is concerned, don't be too worried. My Halifax statements call them all "Charges as notified", so that's what I've called them in my schedule.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ahh! Of course, I'm sorry, they changed the templates since I used them :blush:

Use the description they use on the statement, and ONLY quote those figures which affect the balance on the right... not the ones in the "Summary of Charges" section or whatever.

Regarding which ones to claim, only claim the ones which apply to you doing something "wrong" on the account. For instance, if you called and asked them for an increased overdraft and they charged you £20, you can't claim this back; that might be called an "Arrangement fee" or something. If you went over your limit one day and they charged you £30, then you most definitely CAN claim that back...

Bookworm,

I'm sorry, I didn't see that this had been merged. You've probably already seen that I've posted it again! Can you merge the replies to this one, and I'm going to amend the title and my first post I think.

I'm not sure how to edit the title. I've posted a specific query in the thread title, so if I need answers to other questions, I post it here, how is anyone supposed to know that I want to know about something different?

From reading around on the sites I know you're supposed to stick to one thread when talking about the action you've taken against the bank you're having problems with, but I didn't think this applied to specific questions while you're trying to learn about the process.

I will merge the threads for you ;-) please now keep to 1 thread for each claim as this makes our job a lot easier and also better for you and everyone following your claim :D

I will also change your title for you.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I'm probably going to be making 3 claims though. One against HSBC for my current account which is £266.00 and the first letter is going to them today. Well, once I've done the schedule. I'll be claiming against my credit card with HSBC, but I've just seen a section for MBNA, and I can't remember if my HSBC credit card was run through them?

I've also got a Virgin credit card, that I think is through MBNA too, so who should I be writing to, Virgin or MBNA?!

So does that mean I can have 3 threads then? :grin:

Just start a thread in each forum of the company you are claiming off . This thread 1 in MBNA etc etc

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.