Barclays charges???

fishyola

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received my 6yrs worth of statements from Barclays and have totalled up my charges to 700pounds. However, each individual charge is only for 10pounds and my account is over the overdraft limit quite a lot, can i still claim back my charges?

Thanks

Chris Roche

have you looked for

unauth od

unpaids out

referral fee

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Hi fish

Saintly will correct me if I'm wrong but, if I have understood your question correctly;

If you only ended up over you authorised overdraft soley as a result of the bank charges, and would have remained within your auth OD had it not been for the charges being added, then you can claim both the individual charges plus the unauth OD fee and interest.

On the otherhand, if you ended up over your authorised overdraft because of a combination of charges AND because of outoings (eg cashpoint withdrawals etc), then you can only claim the individual charges AND a portion of the unauth OD interest that corresponds to the unlawful charges.

Regardless of whether you have an account balance of a thousand in the black or in the red, it has no bearing on the fact that overcharging for returned cheques etc is unlawful.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

all of my charges have came from when i have personally taken money out of my account either to make it go over my overdraft limit or when it is already over my overdraft limit.

My account pretty much always allows me to get upto 200pound over my overdraft limit and when i do go over i get charged a 10pound paid referral fee each time.

most people on here seem to be talking about getting charged approx 30 pounds each time and i was wondering if my 10 pound charges would still be seen as unlawful????

Chris,

Worth sticking to one thread mate, otherwise people get confuddled over what is what. I'm sure a MOD will merge this with your one above soon, so let this one drift, and don't add to it. welshcakes is right, and so are you in that most people get £30-35 at present rates, but grad accounts and student accounts differ - they don't want you to move banks when you graduate as you should be earning the money they want in their accounts - so we get the mitten gloves treatnment for a while - when you don't turn out to be the newest multi-millionaire city boy, they slap the £30 charges on you - this should be known in the world of banking as -additionising the masses' (but it isn't!)

See other thread for more comments.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!