Marcus versus Natwest bank!!!

Funkinmad4it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

didn't facny going through the hassle of sending them another letter

Too true - gets a bit much after a while!!! x :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Well Marcus,

I claimed online on the 30th of May, and the claim was deemed served on the 4th of June.

I has since been allocated to the small claims track, on the 13 of July, and I now have to wait another 21 days.

This whole process could be longer with Part 18 requests and so on and so forth.

Good luck!

18/04/07 1st letter sent (again)

19/04/07 letter received by Stuart Higley

25/04/07 Usual blabla letter from NatWest "investigating and so on and so forth" received.

08/05/07 LBA sent

09/05/07 LBA received by Natwest

25/05/07 Claimed online by MCOL

Claim served on the 4th of June

Acknowledgment of service received 18th of June

Cobbets defense and Part 18 request received 05 July

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings received 06 July

19/07/07 Allocated to small claims track, refer back after 21 days.

Right reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally confused on what to do now??

As you all probably know the banks are taking it to the high court. But where does that leave me now???? Do i still carry on??? Or is that it???

Some guidance would be appreciated :confused:

Current advice is to continue with your claims as normal as per zoot's sticky http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/107585-oft-test-case-what.html If you haven't had any response from NW at all in relation to your claim and you've exhausted the prelim/LBA routes, you should pursue them further by filing N1 at your local county court (regardless of the OFT test case announcement). I know everybody's worried at the moment, but you should really consider proceeding as normal with your claim. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yeah i was just about to file my n1 probably monday. The last response i had from them was a letter dated 2nd july saying they have 6-7 weeks to respond to my claim. I presume they meant 6-7 weeks from my l.b.a.

So you still think i should file my n1? Will i loose money though?

The only advice I can give you at the moment is to continue with your claim as you would have done if the OFT announcement hadn't happened. It's doubtful that you'll receive any offer from Nat West at the moment (given the recent announcement) so your only course of action is to proceed to file the N1 at your local county court and to continue with your claim to recover the unlawful charges. You'll have the support of CAG at all stages of your claim as well ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

TBH - this is the only way to pursue your claim at the moment in light of the OFT announcement! I know it's really nerve-racking, but if this was my claim - I'd be inclined to file the N1 anyway. Easy for me to say I know mate, but I do think it's the only way forward at the moment. xxx :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***