Marcus versus Natwest bank!!!

Funkinmad4it
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys maybe a little advise or support needed. I originally started about a month and a half ago by requesting 6 years!! worth of statements. Which i received no problem. Added up my charges and to my horror i had £2996.87 worth of charges!!

I then sent my 1st letter dated 3rd June 2007 asking for that amount back. To which i received no reply with the 14 days notice

I have today sent my second letter threatening them with court action if they do not reply within another 14 days. I have not yet added any interest yet is this right?

Also I'm a little worried cause they haven't got back to me is this what they normally do or am i just sending these letters to he wrong address??

The address I'm sending them to is:

National Westminster Bank PLC

135 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 3UR

Any advise or support would be much appreciated :-| :-| :-| :-| :-|

Hi,

I'm just at the stage where I'm about to file the N1 form to take NatWest to court. All the way through, the only correspondence I've had are letters to say that they were looking into my claim and that they would get back to me in 6-7 weeks. I don't think there is a 'normal' process for these things, each situation I've read about is different.

You are right not to have added in the 8% yet - as far as I am aware this is only added when you go to file against them in County Court.

Yes, you are sending the letters to the right address - I didn't:o - I sent the LBA letter to my local branch who sent me a lovely letter, then passed the letter on to Stuart Higley at the head office.

Keep going - you're on the right track - but it can be difficult to keep your nerve - I'm absolutely terrified!

Hi just a quick question to any1 that knows. I sent my LBA off on wednesday this week. But i've just realised that some people have sent it special/recorded delivery...... I have sent both my letters off normal post.... Do you think it will be a problem as they could easily say they haven't recieved it???

Do you think it will be a problem as they could easily say they haven't recieved it???
In principle they might but I have to admit I've sent several letters through the 'ordinary' post with no difficulty. I think NatWest customer support are so overwhelmed they wouldn't know if it was delivered to them by owl*!

Also, I reckon that about 1/3 of the letters I have sent by recorded delivery have never been recorded even though I know they were delivered because I got a reply.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

*New Harry Potter book out 21 July

• Haha 1

hi,

i started my claim on 1st may, then sent the lba letter 2 weeks later and heard nothing at all from them, so last thursday i emailed them saying i wasn't happy about it, they emailed back on the monday saying they had sent me a letter on the 8th june which was 2 weeks before, then on wednesday i got a letter offering me the whole amount.

the only reason i hadnt started the court process was because i couldnt afford it at the time, so the fact they havent sent you a letter doesnt really matter but you could email them if you wanted to make sure they are looking at your case.

Thanks nick i might just do that... Is there an email address i could send it to? And what do you think i should say?... Sent the letter off last wednesday and still not heard a sausage so to be honest a little nervous now...:eek:

Email address for Customer Relations unit (mark for the attention of Stuart Higley) [email protected] - takes a few days for them to reply though! I suppose you could always attach a copy of your LBA, say that they've already had a prelim plus hard copy LBA, explain you'd like a prompt response, you're not happy, etc.

To be honest, I'm not sure the email will make any difference - but it can't hurt to try!

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks! I might just try that... I've not been sending the letters to anyone named. Just been posting it to:

National Westminster Bank PLC

135 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 3UR

As i've had no letters back i've no names to respond to. Would stuart higley be right to send it to?

Yes - Stuart Higley's at the Customer Relations Unit (Borehamwood). To be honest, prelim and LBA should really go to the Borehamwood address, but don't worry as Bishopsgate will more than likely forward them on to the CRU anyway. I'd say definitely email him now - and attach a copy of your LBA. Even though you've sent previous letters to Bishopsgate - you still sent them to Nat West!

Good luck - let us know if you get a response!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Oh right i was under the impression that the bishopsgate address was ok to send these letters to..? Well in that case i will defiantly send him an email. Even more worried now thinking i might be sending them to the wrong address.

Don't worry!!!! They just pass the letters on to Borehamwood anyway!! But it won't hurt to email the lovely mr. higley............. keeps him busy if nothing else!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks so much for you help hedgey06. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress and when/if they reply. Not sure what to put in there but i'n sure i'll think of something. But your right i will add both letters i sent.

Excellent!!! Now chill out............. no more panicking - you'll be fine! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi guys some advise is needed. The deadline for the LBA is up this coming Wednesday 4th July. I recently sent out an email last Thursday to Stuart higley at natwest customer relations saying that i was unhappy with the fact I'd not received any reply from them regarding the letters i sent to them. I received an email back from him only a few hours ago saying:

Dear Mr Kelly

Thank you for your e-mail, although I apologise for the delay in our response.

I am sorry to learn that you have not had a response regarding your charges concern. This is due to an increase in volumes at the moment. We are trying to deal with these claims as quickly and we hope you can bear with us for a while longer. However we have 56 days to respond to your letter which was received on 7 June.

Regards.

Angela Bose-Sinden

[email protected]

Why are they saying they have 56 days to reply. Do i just proceed with the court process as i would have normally if i still have not heard from them by Wednesday???

Any advise would be much appreciated

Cheers

They say they have 56 days to reply because they treat all requests for charges to be returned as complaints. However, it's your claim and your decision - you can either wait for them to get in touch (they may offer to refund all charges, they may offer to partially refund though) or you can file at court once the LBA deadline expires. It really is up to you though mate - your claim........... your timescales............. your decision!

Good luck! :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Ok well I'll probably have a little think about this one then. Although i probably reckon there just trying to stall. But I've got a couple of days before i can do anything any way. Thanks again hedgey!

Depends mate. some claims are settled before defence, some are settled at AQ stage, some are settled in between AQ and hearing date, some are settled the day before/on the day of the hearing. No way to call it!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi guys I'm still stuck on what to do................ If you look back in the thread you can see i emailed natwest. They then sent me a reply saying they have 56 days to reply. The deadline for the LBA runs out tomorrow and I'm not sure weather to wait a while or just file for court.....

I know it's my claim and my choice but I'm thinking its just a way to stall as 56 days would be on the 2nd of august!!!

Just wondering what everyone else would do and there opinions???

Cheers guys

Well, hopefully a few more peeps'll stick their ten pennorth in (!), but my advice is still the same - your claim, your decsion. If they do keep to their word, you'd be looking at a payout sometime in August. However, bear in mind that they may not offer you a full refund of charges. This is entirely your decision.

But if it was me, I'd file at court! :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys still waiting for them to get back to me...........

Am probably going to file a claim at court in the next couple of days as i have heard nothing else from them. When filing a claim at court i have noticed i have added 2 charges that were refunded at the time and about 2 advantage gold charges on there. These need to be taken off.

Would i need to inform them of these and tell them I'm taking then off or would i just be able to file my claim at court with the new amount ie. minus the wrong charges??

Cheers guys!

Would i need to inform them of these and tell them I'm taking then off or would i just be able to file my claim at court with the new amount ie. minus the wrong charges

Just update your schedule of charges to take off the AG fees and the charges they've already refunded - no need to write and inform them what you've done. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***