council letter....But NO ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Wonder if someone could help here?

My wife has today recieved a letter from our local council stating that:

"on 10-05-07 a penalty charge notice was issued by parking attendant 154 to the above vehicle, for the following contravention: parked on a dropped footway"

The date and time and in fact where the vehicle was parked are all correct, but the problem ive got is at NO TIME did an attendant issue a ticket, it was not on the car..period!

We had been in the doctors and didnt even notice this drooped footway when we parked -up (its there for access by foot, pushchairs, etc not by cars), ie we was not blocking anyone in on their driveway?

Secondly, the sum of money they want is £100.00 to be paid within 28 days or it will go upto £150.00, we can appeal against this on the form they sent along with the letter?

I think that this sum is excessive ?or can the local councils charge what they want.?

Does a parking attendant have to put the ticket on the windscreen?

It genuinly was NOT there!!!

I have been down to this road and have taken a picture,to prove that there wasnt a dropped footway there..BUT there was !!, it is that small that we didnt notice it, i know that this in itself is no defence, but i genuinly feel that the sum they are asking for is highly excessive...am i wrong?

all help appreciated

many thanks