I've received a payment but have already processed court forms.... HELP please

Charli Mason

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone tell me what I need to do now please.

Last week I sent off my court forms, fee and 8% breakdown of the charges.

Then on Saturday I received a letter from Abbey saying they 'as a goodwill gesture' would be paying a sum of money into my account within the next 10 working days (amount was quite offensive to be honest), this money has been put into my account without waiting to see if I will accept or not.

Now I have court forms being processed and the amounts are now incorrect, should I phone the court and withdraw and re-submit, or leave to go through the process and update amount at a later date?????

Can I still go for the full amount I have claimed, including the 8% or does this payment into my account affect this as well?

I AM SO CONFUSED !!!!:confused:

Thanks, hope someone can help me

Charli, dont worry about it, just write to the court and inform them that you have received it, then write to abbey and inform them that you accfept it only as partial settlement.

Carry on with your claim in the normal way because when they come to settle, they will take it off anyway, so much for a gesture of good will eh?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Charli

I had the same thing happen, issued N1 friday and received their GOGW letter on saturday. Sent and emailed them a letter rejecting their GOGW and asked them to take it back, unless they wanted to pay me the remainder of my claim. Hopefully they will forget to take it back and still pay me the full whack (heres wishing anyway)

Good luck

I just double checked online, and they have not paid in the full amount as stated their letter......!!! surprise for a bank to get something wrong

I am writing back to Abbey now, do I inform them that I have sent the details to the court, and that I am still processing as planned?

just inform the court that they have paid you whatever they have paid you and write to them stating that you accept x amount as paid into your account on y date as a partial settlement.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

they also offered me an insulting offer of payment of £100, and only put £50 in my account, and we trust these people with our money, they cant even work out the difference between £100 & £50

:madgrin: