Alihen vs HSBC

alihen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought I might post my latest update to encourage anyone thinking about claiming. I just received an offer today from HSBC after sending them only one letter requesting repayment (didn't need the LBA). I claimed for £1603.50 and they've sent me an offer of £1450.00. Have been going through this process thinking that they probably wouldn't respond and am now super chuffed that they have.

One thing I would like advice on - any opinions welcome - is do you think I should settle - it is a fairly good offer and I don't want to push them into closing my account. Has anyone had their account closed by HSBC?

Thanks,

Alihen

Interesting this.

There seems to be a new trend emerging the past couple of days.

Perhaps they are now finding it cheaper just to cough up than pay the extra interest and costs.....

If you are happy, then take it.

It means that they still retain some of your money, but on the other hand your hassle stops here.

:)

Hi Indebted

I sent my letter to

The Manager,

HSBC Bank plc,

Customer Relations,

8, Canada Square,

London

E14 5HQ.

Hope this helps!

Think I might just sign on the dotted line - could really use the cash asap!!

Alihen

My girlfriend got this letter, offering £300 less than she was claiming. She wanted to take the money but I didn't let her. If someone had stolen £1603.50 from you and then offered to give it you back £1450.00. Would you take their offer, or insist they give you all of it back?

We rejected it and proceeded with court action, at which stage we won £700 more than they offered thanks to interest and costs.

Also, the date of the letter we got from HSBC offering £300 less than our claim was dated EXACTLY 14 days after the date on the preliminary letter we sent.

Thanks for the encouragement pixxy - I might just do that. Do you think it would be best to write to them again asking for the full amount or just issue a claim straight away?

Hi Alihen,

Thanks for the details, it is encouraging that they seem to be responding quicker but as Pixxy said, the money is yours! I know what you mean about pushing them to account closure though, it is a scary thought but it does seem to be a rarity. I don't feel qualified to advise on this since I have been dithering about sending my prelim letter for ages but I think if it were me (and maybe it will be!) I would accept the offer but not as the full and final amount and let then know that you intend to stick to your original deadline for the remaining amount.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do and keep us posted!

Presuming you have only sent them the 'preliminary approach for repayment', I would write back saying "Many thanks for your letter dated 11th June. I am happy to accept £1400 as an installment of the £1603.05 you owe me. Yours Faithfully, Whoever"

Don't sign their letter (and sign away all your rights)! Send your letter in response to their offer and stick to the original timetable you detailed in your first letter. Then LBA > 14 days > file your claim.

They'll probably write back with an improved offer. Just like Deal or No Deal, isn't it!

Not heard anyone having their account closed by HSBC. From other forum posts, the legalities of them doing this seem a bit murky.

Just like Deal or No Deal, isn't it!

:D That is so true!! Also adds a touch of light-heartedness to what seems a neverending maze of banks using delay tactics. I can't believe we have to take such drastic action! When will they learn...

13/6/2006 DPA's sent to HSBC & Lloyds TSB

Finger's crossed

:cool:

Hi Steve - You've probably found an address by now but I just used the one at the beginning of my post - Manager, Customer Services, Canada Square etc....

Thanks for all the tips fellow warriors - have written back to HSBC stating that I accept what they have offered me as part payment and I'll be pursuing them for the rest....!

Alihen