council tax bailiff this morning help urgent

attdt25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

woken by bailiff this morning with van to take goods, didn,t let him in it was 07.15am son signed walkin possession in january hes over 18 they refused my offer of £40 per month sent with the letter off this site and hugely already in debt but my husband who is currently out of the country and unobtainable (debt in his name) has a nice old gto which they said they could take and charge us for transportation, duplicate documents keys etc for and then sell at auction within 5 days if we didn,t pay by then plus storage costs explained not got £1000 bill has now go up to £12,005 they have now left clamped car saying it is now their possession until we pay the 1,2005 if we remove clamp we will be charged £250 left notice of distress for the gto i have not signed anything or my husband please advise urgent need advice

You say the debt has now gone up to £12,005 from £1,000, how?? or am I reading this wrong!

Unfortunately council tax is the one debt that can be enforced in this way without going to court. I would contact your husband asap, get him home to try and negotiate with the council very quickly.

We had similar problems with council tax. We wrote a very 'nice' letter and enclosed income and expenditure with an amount we could afford to pay each month. They accepted this and as long as you don't default on the agreed payments they will leave you alone.

Why don't you give CAB a call to see if they can help?

Good luck!

yes sorry should have been £1205 they say i cant negotiate need all money by monday else they take car and sell at auction can they do this if we remove clamp they say we will be charged £250 fees listed as

£911.68 arrears to authority

£51.00 court costs

£11.00 levy fee

attendance £39 + £115 + £80 for clamp

are they allowed to charge this ?

• 2 years later...