Help, Barclay's bank are taking me to court!!

dagracy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, have just joined this forum and have gone through the proceedure of claiming my bank charges, the problem is I get married on the 30th and go away on honey moon until the 13th of july and that is the day I need to get 'particulars of claim' to the court, I dont have much time as I am involved with my wedding and don't know what to do?? Help:mad:

Hi, have just joined this forum and have gone through the proceedure of claiming my bank charges, the problem is I get married on the 30th and go away on honey moon until the 13th of july and that is the day I need to get 'particulars of claim' to the court, I dont have much time as I am involved with my wedding and don't know what to do?? Help:mad:

Hello and welcome to the site,

Please start a thread in the Barclays forum here and list what actions you have taken so far. I am a little confused why you have to have your POC in on that date please explain. All the information you require is located in the FAQs and the step by step instructions.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

The letter from the court say's

ordered that:

1 the claimant shall by 4pm on 13th july 2007 file at court and serve on the defendant an amended particulars of claim which must contain:

a the legal basis for his claim;

b a concise statement of the facts he relies on in support of the claim and in particular;

c shall specify

i the account or accounts in respect of which he says charges have wrongly been levied;

ii the nature of the charges: and

iii shall set out in schedule form the charges in respect of which the claim is made showing for each charge the date, the amount and the description of the charge

To the claimant: if you do not comply with the requirements of the above paragraph within the time limit imposed by that paragraph, your claim will be struck out

2 Because this order has been made by the court without considering representations from the parties, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. a party wishing to make an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of this order.

Help!! what do i send/do i only have until next wed 25th at home then i go to prepare for the wedding and don't get back until the 13th.. am i panic YES!

mmm, I Shalll move this thread to the Barclays forum for you. Can you post your particulars of claim please.

You need to comply with the order, complete the N244 here here to amend your POC claim here. This will cost £35 which you can not reclaim. Send a complete schedule of charges listing the account number sort, date, amount and type of charge.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hi, have just joined this forum and have gone through the proceedure of claiming my bank charges, the problem is I get married on the 30th and go away on honey moon until the 13th of july and that is the day I need to get 'particulars of claim' to the court, I dont have much time as I am involved with my wedding and don't know what to do?? Help:evil:

After originally claiming online I had a letter that it would now be referred to county court, this is the letter I received yesterday

I recieved this letter from Wakefield County Court

on friday, 1st june 2007

District Judge Glentworth sitting at Crown house 127 Kirkgate Wakefield West Yorkshire considered the papers in the case and

ordered that:

1 the claimant shall by 4pm on 13th july 2007 file at court and serve on the defendant an amended particulars of claim which must contain:

a the legal basis for his claim;

b a concise statement of the facts he relies on in support of the claim and in particular;

c shall specify

i the account or accounts in respect of which he says charges have wrongly been levied;

ii the nature of the charges: and

iii shall set out in schedule form the charges in respect of which the claim is made showing for each charge the date, the amount and the description of the charge

To the claimant: if you do not comply with the requirements of the above paragraph within the time limit imposed by that paragraph, your claim will be struck out

2 Because this order has been made by the court without considering representations from the parties, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. a party wishing to make an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of this order.

Help!! what do i send/do i only have until next wed 25th at home then i go to prepare for the wedding and don't get back until the 13th.. am i panic YES!

Thanks lively lad, I am at work at the moment and have my particulars at home so will post them later tonight, as for the N244 where di I get it? and where do I send the schedule of charges etc to?

Sorry this is all daunting new territory for me, Thanks

I went through the online court proceedure and Barclay's contested it and it was sent on the 29th may to my local court in wakefield.

The claim is for charges and interest from 09/09/2004 - 11/01/2007 and total £790.35

I received a settlement offer for £475 which I declined with an amount of £600 which I would be prepared to accept

Barclays declined to settle with the amount of £600

I am now at the stage of the order from wakefield court and with time running out due to my pending wedding and the stress of organising it, I understand I have to complete the N244 and also amend my POC and send it to the court... Is that all I need to do??

What did you actually put in your POC ?

if you need an amended POC have a read of this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/71394-abbey-national-me-defence.html#post661174

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.