CyprusOlives is worried!!! A of Service on 25th May & nothing since....

CyprusOlives
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everybody, what a great job you have done here.

The camaraderie on this forum is quite a joy and its such a pleasure these past weeks reading through.

I wonder if some advice may come my way with regard to a probable impending/daunting court appearance with Nationwide Building society.

I think i have no real idea what i need by way of preparation as not many here seem to get to go court.

My claim for bank charges ( £2000+ ) refund started back in late March with a four page hand written letter ( after watching BBC1's ' Whistleblower ' programme ).

Its three weeks since i received my Acknowledgement of Service and no correspondance from anybody.

I wonder if i need to arrange a solicitor, prepare certain paperwork which i know nothing about and weather i will have to go to Northampton County Court too as that is the name on the Acknowledgement letter with my MCOL, but i live in the South East !!!

All i have paperwork wise is my initial letter and subsequent ' template ' letters and my bank statements... thats all.

Heres hoping for a wee bit of assistance...

Many thanks,

CO

hi Cyprusolives

from what I ve picked up from the various sites. N'wide have 28 days from the deemed served date to submit a defense to your claim. Failure to submit results in you winning by default. :-D As you submitted your claim via mcol you woul then be able to apply for Judgement by default on line. Check your dates an remember sat+ sundays count when calculating days and stick to YOUR timetable.8-)

good luck

Darloponty1

hi Cyprusolives

from what I ve picked up from the various sites. N'wide have 28 days from the deemed served date to submit a defense to your claim. Failure to submit results in you winning by default. :-D As you submitted your claim via mcol you woul then be able to apply for Judgement by default on line. Check your dates an remember sat+ sundays count when calculating days and stick to YOUR timetable.8-)

good luck

Darloponty1

YES THEY DO HAVE 28 DAYS OR DO THEY ?

I CONTACTED THE COURT AT 4PM ON THE 18TH JUNE TO SEE WHAT WAS HAPPENING AND THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD TILL MIDNIGHT TO ENTER A DEFENSE

WHEN MIDNIGHT PASSED I FILED FOR JUDGEMENT BY DEFAULT

I SINCE FOUND OUT THE BANK CAN DEFEND UNTIL 5PM ON THE DAY YOUR CLAIM IS REQUESTED.

AND AT 8PM MCOL SCREEN CHANGED FROM REQUESTED TO DEFENDED AND I WAS INFORMED THAT I COULD GO NO FURTHER ONLINE.

ANY IDEAS

Hi all this is just standard prcatice for NW, do not be too quick to file for judgment as the bank are allowed a few extra days in which they can file the defence, this only adds to your waiting time, they are inundated at the moment with claims and this is why your claim is taking a little longer have patience you will have your money soon, i was paid out last week after them saying they would be defending hope you have your money soon.

Hi all this is just standard prcatice for NW, do not be too quick to file for judgment as the bank are allowed a few extra days in which they can file the defence, this only adds to your waiting time, they are inundated at the moment with claims and this is why your claim is taking a little longer have patience you will have your money soon, i was paid out last week after them saying they would be defending hope you have your money soon.

Hi there sunshinegal.

nice to hear i might still get funds or a offer of funds before it gets to court,it might get the wife off my case many thanx neil

Thankyou for the advice.... it was very good of you all.

The 28 days has expired and i did indeed leave it a few extra too before going any further.

I have just checked my account balance at the petrol station ATM and there seems to be alot of money in there... off to the bank to get a proper statement to see exactly what has been paid. I have a feeling i am still owed some.

Keep u posted..