Numerous Credit Searches on Credit File

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, wondering if you can help me. I am about to get my head out of the sand and get my Credit File from Experian. However, I know that in the past I have gone online and applied for credit and now know that this will leave a seached mark on my Credit File which makes creditors nervous as to why I would be searched so much.

These searches were made through my own stupidity and inpatience in agreeing for companies to seach, but can these searches be deleted in any way?

Halifax Bank SAR sent 11 June 2207

Ruthbridge CCA Letter (time out 2 July) 4738.11

Moorcroft CCA Letter (time out 9 July) 183.19

Welcome CCA Letter/statement request & received all information 7 days later. Working on all this information!

Hi Worried37,

I think that previous searches on your credit file actually stay on there for 12 months. Experian will only delete the record of a search with the permission of the organisation that made it. It sucks i know!

Han x

• If Wishes Were Horses...
  • Hannahbtw Vs Woolwich ~settled in full! £2248.87~8/6/07
  • Hannahbtw's OH Vs Natwest~ settled in full! £2155.35~5/7/07

Thanks Han, well I have just applied online for my credit file. Finger's crossed, but I know it is going to be interesting!

Welcome CCA Letter/statement request & received all information 7 days later. Working on all this information!

'Which?' the consumer group was supposed to be pushing for a system where applications for credit were only supposed to be recorded if the credit was then taken out. I don't know if anything became of it.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Well I am sure to find out then when I get my credit file if I have numerous searches or not. Will keep you informed.

This was the verdict of the Which? report which was actually made in Feb. 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing has changed!

'If companies are to make responsible lending decisions, it's important that they all give full information to the CRAs. We'll be making this point in response to a recent government white paper on consumer credit. We're also calling for lenders that use risk-based pricing to make use of 'quotation' or 'enquiry' searches. This will mean you can shop around without worrying it will damage your credit rating.

We also think the Guide to Credit Scoring should be given the force of a code of conduct. This would mean all lenders would have to sign up to it, and give you full reasons if they reject you. In particular, we'd like lenders to tell you if it's a lack of credit information - rather than a poor credit record - that's the problem.'

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

There are a couple of mortgage lenders who now only leave a "soft" footprint which does not become a hard footprint untill a full application is made.

The soft print is only visible to you when you order your credit file - no other lender sees it when they search you.

I know that in certain states in the US this is the way all risk based pricing is done.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I don't know if you can help on this one...I've just gone online to my new Experian credit report, & found that I have defaults registered against me from Hillesden Securities.

As it transpires they have purchased a debt & have not contacted me about it, although they have defaulted me on numerous occasions - last was on the 7th June.

How can I get at them for knowing about me, & then defaulting me without my knowledge?

Thanks all.